SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 07-31-2022, 05:40 PM   #1
Phildirt
Phildirt is on a distinguished road

Default 2005 vue V6 engine coolant hose question.

Was having issues with the radiator reservoir level indicator. Ended breaking the plastic 3 way tee that attaches the hose from the reservoir to the hose from engine and back. However I am having a hard time finding the parts for this. Iím not sure if they sell this as a unit or if I have to buy the individual hoses?

Not sure if anybody else has run into this. I would definitely like something more than a plastic T to attach the hoses to. Id rather replace the hoses which would probably be best to do since Iíve got to get in there to do it.

Is there a schematic for the coolant lines? Or a specific part number.
Thanks,

On a side noteÖ. this all started out as a issue with the indicator light, I changed out the out the reservoir to get a new float sensor. Didnít solve the problem tho, the plug is getting 13 volts and bridging the connection turns off the warning indicator. Will have to make sure the plug contacts the float switch prongs.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2022, 02:39 AM   #2
gtyuyu
gtyuyu is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2005 vue V6 engine coolant hose question.

The sensors are available separately from Rock Auto and simply bolt on.

gtyuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 05:32 PM   #3
Phildirt
Phildirt is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I put in a new reservoir, so new float and sensor, but the light remains.
I think I need to just replace the plug at this point.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 06:45 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
.....this all started out as a issue with the indicator light, I changed out the out the reservoir to get a new float sensor. Didnít solve the problem tho, the plug is getting 13 volts and bridging the connection turns off the warning indicator. Will have to make sure the plug contacts the float switch prongs.
Since you jumpered the connector to turn off the light, either the two new sensors are faulty or the connection terminals failed on both reservoirs. If you have a multimeter, a simple continuity test can check sensor operation. With float up for full coolant, the sensor should show continuity (closed switch) when selecting for a resistance check. Empty/low fluid, the sensor should show as an open switch. If you still have the other new reservoir, test it by turning it upside down so the float is forced to full coolant level without fluid. Measure for a closed switch then turn the reservoir right side up. It should show as an open switch. This presumes both terminals on the sensor connector isn't corroded and makes good electrical contacts to the probes or wire connections to your multimeter.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote