Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 12-17-2021, 11:40 PM   #1
Beachbaby902
Advanced Member
Beachbaby902 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
1994 SL2
Default 07' Vue Restore

It has been a long time since i've been on this website. I currently own a 21' Toyota Highlander anyways...

My uncle passed in January very unexpectedly. His sister (my aunt) got his 07' Vue V6 (non AWD). He bought it a few years ago and it has always needed suspension work. He did manage to have a garage repair the rusted frame. So that right there makes me want to hang onto it.

It currently has about 184k on it. I had a garage look at it after i drove it and the front passenger side made a horrible noise. I paid them only $20 to look it over. They gave a nice list. Basically it needs front and rear suspension, front and rear brakes, new motor mounts, valve cover gasket, has a coolant leak, and then will need new tires. (the running lights don't turn on)

ABS and traction control light give a glow to the interior...One of the ABS sensors is unplugged.

It looks like i can get all the parts from rockauto for roughly $600 - No idea what it would cost to have a garage do the work...but fairly confident i could do the work. Plus i have a couple friends who work on cars to help.

The garage advised we should just buy a new car. But its sentimental and we would like to keep it running. Any suggestions, comments welcome!

(Oh, my aunt also already had a 03' Vue V6 AWD with 250k. Rusted to all hell though. My father insists its not a big deal, so he's been driving it)
~My Running Saturns~
94' SL2 130,000 miles RIP (Tree hit it)
00' SW2 170,000 miles
00' SL2 280,000 miles
11' Cruze LTZ 54k totaled
07' Aura XE 25k
Beachbaby902 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2021, 08:20 PM   #2
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Default Re: 07' Vue Restore

None of those things are particularly difficult to do, and if you have something else to drive, you don't need to be in a hurry to get something done. As long as you can get it through inspection, anything else is secondary.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:43 PM   #3
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: 07' Vue Restore

If you drove it to shop, the horrible noise couldn’t be that bad?
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote