SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 08-14-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
cellularunivers
cellularunivers is on a distinguished road

Dizzy 06 Vue Xm Antenna???

Wow do I feel stupid, I should know this answer but I don't so I'm asking for a little help. I have the factory 6 Disc mP3 unit, with the CAT button, which I believe is XM. Is the antenna on the roof of the car On Star & XM or just On Star. If it is XM also where might the other end be hiding at? I'm replacing the factory unit and going to add xm and want to use that antenna if it is XM also... Thanks A whole bunch
Car Stereo Guru

2006 Vue RL
2001 Lincoln LS V8
1968 Old Cutlass Sm V8
cellularunivers is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
eugenem
eugenem is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 06 Vue Xm Antenna???

If you have purchased the XM option, the antenna is both XM and OnStar. If you do not have the XM option, I am not sure. You may want to try the forums at http://www.xmfan.com/ to see if they have more info. I know that severals on XMFan have used the GM factory XM antenna on aftermarket systems. A cable just has to be purchased.

Just for reference, I have an '06 with the Advanced Audio, XM, and single disc CD/MP3 receiver. The XM control box is mounted on a bracket underneath the rear driver's side seat. The Advanced Audio amplifier is mounted on a bracket underneath the rear passenger seat. YMMV.
eugenem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:48 PM   #3
cellularunivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenem
If you have purchased the XM option, the antenna is both XM and OnStar. If you do not have the XM option, I am not sure. You may want to try the forums at http://www.xmfan.com/ to see if they have more info. I know that severals on XMFan have used the GM factory XM antenna on aftermarket systems. A cable just has to be purchased.

Just for reference, I have an '06 with the Advanced Audio, XM, and single disc CD/MP3 receiver. The XM control box is mounted on a bracket underneath the rear driver's side seat. The Advanced Audio amplifier is mounted on a bracket underneath the rear passenger seat. YMMV.
Thanks for the info i'll check under the seat norn gm vehicles are behind the glove. I don't think the dealer would install another antenna on the vehicle if at the last minute wanted XM. So this is why I think it is a XM antenna prerun for dealer add on, just looking where the plug would be ran. Thanks for the info again
Car Stereo Guru

2006 Vue RL
2001 Lincoln LS V8
1968 Old Cutlass Sm V8
Old 08-16-2006, 02:32 AM   #4
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

In the Saturn Parts manual I see only 1 antenna and 1 antenna cable ass'y used for the 06 VUE.

The antenna usage states Onstar w/ S-band Digital audio. The cable ass'y states S-band Digital audio. I would suspect the XM radio wiring is already ran to the radio. I can't guarantee the XM antenna conector will fit an aftermarket radio.
2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 14.7 beta
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:23 PM   #5
WarnsVue06
WarnsVue06 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2008 AURA XE

Quote:
In the Saturn Parts manual I see only 1 antenna and 1 antenna cable ass'y used for the 06 VUE.
Where can I get one of these.

I just recieved mt 2006 Service Manual in the mail yesterday.
---------------
2006 VUE AWD - "Laser Blue"

Mods to come.
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/sam2004gp/Saturn/
WarnsVue06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:17 PM   #6
HLS811
HLS811 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Don't mean to be a prick, but what do you mean by "rear drivers seat"? Are you referring to the back seat, behind the driver? (Again, not trying to be confrontational or anything but I don't have the XM and wanted to see if it might've been installed but not connected).

Also, underneath the (front) drivers seat, theres a brown and black wire coming up from the floorboard to a little clip connected to a bracket hanging from one of the springs in the seat.. Any idea what this is for??? Its just a little thin wire.. I don't have power seats or heated seats so its not for that..
(Under the passenger seat theres a few other wires because of the airbag sensor so I can't tell if this same wire is over there or not).
HLS811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:53 PM   #7
mellissam
mellissam will become famous soon enoughmellissam will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS811
.....Also, underneath the (front) drivers seat, theres a brown and black wire coming up from the floorboard to a little clip connected to a bracket hanging from one of the springs in the seat.. Any idea what this is for??? ....
My guess is that it is for the seat belt chime..ding ding ding....
Also, I think he was referring to the back seats, underneath mine is what appears to be cutouts in the rug for amp? and xm? stuff.....
mellissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:32 AM   #8
HLS811

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellissam
My guess is that it is for the seat belt chime..ding ding ding....
Also, I think he was referring to the back seats, underneath mine is what appears to be cutouts in the rug for amp? and xm? stuff.....
Ahh.. the ding, ding ding.. that makes sense!

I was assuming the back seat too - I'm just grasping at straws trying to figure out how to use the XM Ready radio - I've been speaking with people at Saturn, XM, local stereo shops - no one knows what the answer is and its frustrating...
Old 08-18-2006, 08:25 AM   #9
eugenem
eugenem is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Don't mean to be a prick, but what do you mean by "rear drivers seat"? Are you referring to the back seat, behind the driver?
No worries... Yes, I was referring to the back seat behind the driver. Underneath the seat itself is a bracket that the XM control box mounts to. I suspect that VUEs equipped without the XM option have cutouts where the XM box would mount.
eugenem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:20 AM   #10
HLS811

Quote:
No worries... Yes, I was referring to the back seat behind the driver. Underneath the seat itself is a bracket that the XM control box mounts to. I suspect that VUEs equipped without the XM option have cutouts where the XM box would mount.
Thanks eugenem, I guess its pretty visable when you look under the seat right? If I'm not seeing it - its not there...

This really stinks - aside from the RDS box that will come out sometime in the future (maybe) theres no way to get the factory XM Ready Radio to be XM Enabled... so frustrating. Had I known, I would have ordered the car from the factory just for that sole option...
Old 08-18-2006, 08:12 PM   #11
HLS811

Quote:

Ok - now that its daylight I checked - I think I know exactly where you're talking about - theres a single screw which looks like where its mounted and then a small 'flap' in the carpet where it looks like the wires could pass through..
By any chance can you (or someone) make out a model # or part # of that tuner box? I've been talking with Saturn and they seem to think I'm making this up - maybe if they can search by a number they can get more info...

Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:05 AM   #12
cellularunivers

Happy Re: 06 Vue Xm Antenna???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS811
Ok - now that its daylight I checked - I think I know exactly where you're talking about - theres a single screw which looks like where its mounted and then a small 'flap' in the carpet where it looks like the wires could pass through..
By any chance can you (or someone) make out a model # or part # of that tuner box? I've been talking with Saturn and they seem to think I'm making this up - maybe if they can search by a number they can get more info...

Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!

Replaced the radio today and no xm antenna behind there. I did see the antenna on the on star box used an xm splitter and on star liked it but xm did not. So now I have xm and sirius. Thanks for all the info. I'll know more when the headliner comes down for dynamat and suede recover.

Thanks again...
Car Stereo Guru

2006 Vue RL
2001 Lincoln LS V8
1968 Old Cutlass Sm V8
Old 08-19-2006, 02:26 AM   #13
Counterfit
Counterfit is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellularunivers
Replaced the radio today and no xm antenna behind there. I did see the antenna on the on star box used an xm splitter and on star liked it but xm did not. So now I have xm and sirius. Thanks for all the info. I'll know more when the headliner comes down for dynamat and suede recover.

Thanks again...

gotta go with the buckskin man! lol
Counterfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #14
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarnsVue06
Where can I get one of these.

I just recieved mt 2006 Service Manual in the mail yesterday.
There was a Saturn manual website posted somewhere in this forum.

When I get home from Dallas I can look for the receipt. I can't find them with google or the search engine on this forum.

Unbelieavble heat here in Dallas, like 30 days over 100 degrees...
Old 08-23-2006, 01:06 AM   #15
BobbyP
Master Member

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

https://www.saturn-publications.com

Here's the Saturn website I ordered my manuals from...