Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 06:40 PM   #1
SaturngirlSc2
SaturngirlSc2 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Happy Bumper cover and hood deflecter

Hi again,

I ordered the hood deflecter and bumper cover from SaturnAccessories (I really love them!!).

Their customer service and shipping times are great.. Anyway, has anyone ever put this stuff on themselves or would you have the dealer do it??

I am not mechanically inclined, but if I can figure it out with some help, I would rather do it than pay the dealer..

Thanks in advance...

Laura
04 Black FWD Vue, 36k miles as of today 9/11/06,
Can't wait for the Outlook.. My doggies are getting bigger and they need a bigger truck :-)

"When you fail to plan, you plan to fail".
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2004, 07:00 PM   #2
blkprl
blkprl is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

I bought the original hood deflector from Saturn which I am sure is the same one you bought and had to return it for the following reasons, Very hard to install, defective screws. The end wing screws will not fit into the nuts and I did not like the look as the ends only go as far as the hood edge, it looks as if the ends were broken off or is missing an end piece. I bought new ones from a dealer which seems to be the only one to carry them ( Perfect Fit ) Saturn of Antelope Valley. These go past the hood edge into the fender, somewhat of a wrap around. of you are set on the OEM ones have the dealer put them on, they might do it for free. I forgot to mention that on the OEM the fasteners kept coming off as you screw in the push pins therefore making it impossible to anchor the deflector. I might just have gotten a bad one but this was my experience.
It is better to be thought of as a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:00 PM   #3
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Easy to do yourself. The bumper cover is held on with tape. The hood defelector no drilling. You put plastic fasteners in holes already drilled and clpis on the sides (The clips go to the hood after you put on protective plastic). Instructions are inculded
Old 10-31-2004, 07:14 PM   #4
sspeer
sspeer is on a distinguished road

I've installed both. 2 of the easier items I've installed
Old 10-31-2004, 09:30 PM   #5
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

I installed the bumper cover in all of about 5 minutes. Just be sure to give the surface a good thorough cleaning first. Wash it well, then swab down the areas where the adhesive tape goes with alcohol pads (or cotton balls w/ alcohol). They include a couple, but I have a box full of alcohol wipes that I use for just such occassions. Mine has been on for a month or so and it shows no sign of coming off, even though I have a Red Line and it supposedly "doesn't fit"... funny thing, it fits perfectly.
Tupperware cars FTW!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 12:23 AM   #6
KoolVue
Advanced Member
KoolVue is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
2002 VUE 3.0L

Just had the bumper cover installed on my VUE. My rear bumper was scratched and this bumper cover does wonders to improve the look of the Vue.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:54 AM   #7
Druce
Druce is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have the factory hood deflector that has the little rubber tabs to stop the deflector from hitting the hood? If so does it make noise that you can hear in the car?
Old 11-01-2004, 03:06 PM   #8
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

I had an autoventshade one and that sucker rattled like crazy over 50 mph. Even had the rubber bumpers. I had them send me morw and still no good. I bought the open that fastens in the holes and has the clips on the ends. Happens rarely now only when really windy
Closed Thread