SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 08-17-2021, 08:15 PM   #1
Brianstech
Brianstech is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L
Default 2007 Vue tailgate wiring

Hello. I'm wondering if anyone has ever replaced their whole tailgate, more specifically what's involved with the wiring. On my 2007 Vue I pulled the interior panel and discovered wires routed all over the place. I can't see simply unplugging every single connector and popping out every wire support to pull it all through the small hole at the top.

Is there a large connector, or connectors buried above the headliner or something? I don't want to tear into mine if it's pointless.

My tailgate has suffered the deaded rust around the chrome trim piece, plus there's a vertical dent. I found one the same color as mine, in much better shape, at a wrecking yard. The guy said, "Gimme 25 bucks if you pull it."

I would get it tomorrow if I knew there was an easy way to unplug and reconnect harnesses. Of course the washer hose is a different story.

Can't find anything on the net, so I came here and registered. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Brianstech is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2021, 12:31 PM   #2
Brianstech

2007 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2007 Vue tailgate wiring

Never mind, I forgot the workshop manual I downloaded from eBay. It took a little while to finally stumble on the right .pdf, but I found it.

According to the instructions and illustration there appears to be 2 big connectors along with a hose fitting for the rear washer, all under the headliner trim.

Now if it would only stop raining..
Old 08-20-2021, 09:29 PM   #3
Brianstech

2007 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2007 Vue tailgate wiring

Okay, just in case anyone could use this information in the future..

At the wrecking yard it only took me 10 or 15 minutes to disconnect both wiring harnesses, the washer hose, the telescoping strut mounts, and toss the whole thing in the back of my Vue. Part of that speed came from using a Dewalt 20 volt impact driver with a 10mm and 13mm deep socket.

It was so much easier than expected, although swapping it out using parts between both tailgates is taking considerably longer. The wiper motor was missing, so after pulling mine I cleaned up and repainted the arm, not to mention other finer details I'll finish tomorrow.

Once again there's a wide plastic trim piece at the back of the headliner, with its edge tucked under the rubber hatchback gasket. It pops right off, exposing 2 wiring connectors, the washer hose, and the openings containing the (13mm hex) hinge nuts.

I would be happy if this helped even just one person out there..