SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 08-06-2021, 02:49 PM   #1
burnt orange
burnt orange is a jewel in the roughburnt orange is a jewel in the roughburnt orange is a jewel in the rough

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default 03 - 3.0 litre Saturn Vue needs canister vent valve..

Having a really hard time getting gas into the tank...for some time now. Are

there any past post addressing the location and removal? TIA...bo
burnt orange is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2021, 08:20 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 03 - 3.0 litre Saturn Vue needs canister vent valve..

One source thru GM parts online may show indirectly where the canister vent valve is located. It may be between outer rear fender panel and trunk, near the fuel filler neck. If I'm not mistaken, it's open to venting fuel vapors with engine off during tank filling. Closed with engine running to feed vapors to the carbon canister before being fed to the engine for combustion per emissions programs. 12v operates the vent valve so once accessed a test can check for the valve in open position by blowing into vent ports, closed when 12v is applied. The canister may have a chamber with a foam air filter.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:12 PM   #3
stlmusic
stlmusic is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

This is taken from ALLDATAdiy for 2003 VUE 3.0. It's listed under Canister Vent Valve.

The EVAP vent solenoid is attached to the EVAP canister located underneath the vehicle in front of the fuel tank. The EVAP vent solenoid is used solely for EVAP leak diagnostics. The solenoid is a normally open valve when commanded Off and closes when commanded On. The EVAP vent solenoid is closed during parts of the EVAP diagnostic system test performed by the ECM to enable a vacuum to be pulled on the EVAP system used to detect EVAP system leaks.
stlmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 11:39 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I may be confusing the canister vent valve with a fuel vent valve near the filler neck. My apology for any misinformation.
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 06:34 PM   #5
Bruce Rock
Bruce Rock is just really niceBruce Rock is just really niceBruce Rock is just really niceBruce Rock is just really nice

2000 SL2
2006 VUE 2.2L

Check operation of valve before replacing. Problem could be elsewhere: http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=231147 I believe my symptoms were similar to yours. Gas would shut off quickly at lowest flow rate. Ten to fifteen minutes to add gas and still not filled up
Bruce Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:35 PM   #6
burnt orange
burnt orange is a jewel in the roughburnt orange is a jewel in the roughburnt orange is a jewel in the rough

2003 VUE 3.0L

Bought a code reader...the diagnostics gives me a P044. Don't know whether to start replacing parts on the engine or under the car next to the gas tank. Google says..
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF A P0440 ERROR CODE
This general code means that there is an issue in one or more parts of the control system. The fuel vapors could be escaping due to a number of failures, including these parts:

Gas cap
Purge valve or solenoid
Charcoal canister
Hoses
Fuel lines

I may just take it down the road to my mechanic...
burnt orange is offline   Reply With Quote