SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 07-09-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
Acrite3404
Acrite3404 is on a distinguished road

Default PLEASE HELP!!! Code p0107!!!

Ok I'm new to saturns although I work on Hondas and Mazda's..anywho...I have a 2000 Sl2 and I'm getting code p0107 and I've watched Richpins videos and tested the middle green wire and when I've tested the wire sometimes I get a reading of 4.3volts and sometimes it's hard to get a reading at all...so my understanding is to replace the wire...my question is do I need to replace the wire all the way back to the ECM?... Or can I clip the 3 wires and just re-wire them in...also one more thing I tried the can gasket for the egr valve and the car ran perfect when the can piece was in, once I removed the can gasket the code came back and the car stalled on me twice...Thanks again!!..
Acrite3404 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Code p0107!!!

Quote:
The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor is a transducer that varies resistance according to changes in intake manifold pressure (vacuum). The powertrain control module PCM measures the signal voltage from the MAP sensor, which is a reduced value of the PCM 5 volt reference. The voltage ranges from 1-1.5 volts at idle (low pressure/high vacuum) to 4-4.5 volts at wide open throttle (high pressure/low vacuum). DTC P0107 sets when the MAP sensor signal voltage at the PCM is below the calibrated voltage value.

DTC Parameters
DTC P0107 will set if MAP sensor voltage is less than 0.2 volts when:

The condition exists for longer than 6 seconds.
The engine speed is less than 1600 RPM.
The throttle position (TP) angle is greater than 0 percent.
No TP sensor DTCs have been set.
OR

The condition exists for longer than 6 seconds.
The engine speed is greater than 1600 RPM.
The TP angle is greater than 15 percent.
No TP sensor DTCs have been set
DTC P0107 diagnostic runs continuously once the above conditions have been met with ignition ON.

DTC P0107 is a type A DTC.

Diagnostic Aids

Important
If DTC P1635 is set, diagnose that first.

Important
Inaccurate readings will occur if resistance measurements are taken on a MAP sensor. The MAP sensor contains an internal amplifier circuit that requires applied voltage to function properly.

To locate an intermittent problem, use scan tool to monitor MAP voltage with engine idling (high vacuum). Wiggling the wires while watching for a change in MAP voltage may locate the area where an open or short to ground in the wiring could lie.
One image is the wiring, the other is the diagnostic table. Assuming there's a break in the wire you probably only "have" to replace the broken section but if it's bad enough to have broken in one place...it'll break in another if it hasn't already.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2000-2002 Map Sensor Wiring.jpg (30.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Map Sensor Circuit Low Voltage.jpg (85.2 KB, 26 views)
The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
Acrite3404

Ok...so I traced the wire and there was no break in the signal wire(green wire) so I clipped the wires and installed newer wires and now it doesn't register voltage at all....I'm lost as to what to do..please help...
Old 07-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
Acrite3404

Ok now I am registering voltage...12v on the black wire, 5v on the grey wire, and the problem is I'm on getting 4.30v from the green signal wire...if someone could help me with this please...also after driving for about an hour of using Richpins can gasket method the car would completely die out...and the code p0107 registers again....I'm totally lost as to what to do next...
Old 07-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #5
billr
Master Member
billr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to behold

Did you see the schematic in reply #2? That BLK wire is ground, should have 0V, not 12V! Track down why that wire is not grounded.
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #6
Acrite3404

Quote:
Originally Posted by billr View Post
Did you see the schematic in reply #2? That BLK wire is ground, should have 0V, not 12V! Track down why that wire is not grounded.
Well I checked the wire with the positive probe on the grey wire and negative to the ground to the battery and that's where I got the 12v reading...I was reading that's how u test the grey wire to find out if the map Swanson is good or not....