SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 12-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
mrtube
Advanced Member
mrtube is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default cabin filter and inline transmission filter?

Having problems finding the correct cabin filter for our 06 V6 AWD vue. I notice Delco has two different parts, CF109 and CF135. I assume CF135 is a replacement for 109?

Also i notice Delco lists an inline filter for the 5spd auto transmission. Is this accurate? If the Honda does indeed have an inline filter i'd like to change it. it has two listings for the same filter,TF100M. one for MJ7 and one for MJ8? not sure which the Honda is if either?
mrtube is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: cabin filter and inline transmission filter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtube View Post
Having problems finding the correct cabin filter for our 06 V6 AWD vue. I notice Delco has two different parts, CF109 and CF135. I assume CF135 is a replacement for 109?

Also i notice Delco lists an inline filter for the 5spd auto transmission. Is this accurate? If the Honda does indeed have an inline filter i'd like to change it. it has two listings for the same filter,TF100M. one for MJ7 and one for MJ8? not sure which the Honda is if either?
Don't know about the 06 but local parts houses have cabin filter for my O5. I've never tried to obtain using Delco numbers.

Re transmission ... I've read of an internal filter ... replaceable if AT is taken apart. As you know the trans fluid is routed to the radiator to heat or cool as required ... wouldn't be much of a problem to install inline filter in either the TO or FROM line if you think it'd help.

RPO MJ7 is AT for FWD and MJ8 is same AT with PTU for AWD.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
mrtube
Advanced Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

far2grumpy : yes. but this specifically says its an inline filter. Which I would assume is in the cooling line to the radiator. Being its a Delco part on GM's website, it makes me think it comes with one? Or is there only the internal?

right from ACDELCO site

"FILTER PKG,A/TRNS FLUID (IN LINE)
Part Number: TF100M
[All Makes-Automatic Transmission Fluid Filter Kit]; Mj8 trans, 5 speed ; Magnetic 5/16in in-Line filter
Per Vehicle: 1; Years: 2006-2007"
Old 12-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
far2grumpy : yes. but this specifically says its an inline filter. Which I would assume is in the cooling line to the radiator. Being its a Delco part on GM's website, it makes me think it comes with one? Or is there only the internal?

right from ACDELCO site

"FILTER PKG,A/TRNS FLUID (IN LINE)
Part Number: TF100M
[All Makes-Automatic Transmission Fluid Filter Kit]; Mj8 trans, 5 speed ; Magnetic 5/16in in-Line filter
Per Vehicle: 1; Years: 2006-2007"
The in-line filter would be worth looking into ... my FSM covers 2005 and older ... but I failed to make clear my Vue knowledge base ends there.

This particular item specifically addresses 2006 - 2007 so someone obviously determined there could be a market for them.

Perhaps one of the Saturn techs can weigh-in with "inside" information.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #5
mrtube
Advanced Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

far2 : I donno. on ACdelco's site i punched in 2005. came up with same exact filter, but labled '2005-2005"
Old 12-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #6
far2grumpy
Master Member

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
far2 : I donno. on ACdelco's site i punched in 2005. came up with same exact filter, but labled '2005-2005"
I've heard 04-07 Vue's with V6 were pretty much the same critter from a mechanical standpoint. I'm familiar with the underside of my 05 and there is no in-line ATF filter ... I'm now wondering if it'd be worthwhile to hang one of those little jewels on there ...

Could I suggest you try one to see how the installation goes?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:19 AM   #7
VUEmaniac
VUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2

There isn't an inline filter from the factory. Perhaps that is a dealer add on part?

F2G's point that you could easily splice an inline filter into the transmission cooling lines seems like the plan if you want a filter. The internal filter in the transmission isn't really much of a filter at all. It's more of a "screen" that I'd compare to those re-usable coffee machine filters. You have to break the case open to get to it.
---
Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown. Ask yourself why YOU keep going to the circus.
VUEmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
mrtube
Advanced Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

Its tempting to add one then, Except I'd have concerns about restriction? If the filter isn't of the original design, Couldn't I be asking for problems?

Tho I also have thought about adding an external cooler after seeing what the fluid looked like with only 58K on it. I'll certainly be changing it every 25K if not sooner now.

Lucky for me we only put 7K on the fluid. otherwise i'd be kicking my self for letting it get that bad in the first place
Old 12-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #9
VUEmaniac
VUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2

Quote:
Its tempting to add one then, Except I'd have concerns about restriction? If the filter isn't of the original design, Couldn't I be asking for problems?

Tho I also have thought about adding an external cooler after seeing what the fluid looked like with only 58K on it. I'll certainly be changing it every 25K if not sooner now.

Lucky for me we only put 7K on the fluid. otherwise i'd be kicking my self for letting it get that bad in the first place
I wouldn't be that concerned about restrictions. Just get one of those kits with a spin on filter and change it every couple of oil changes. The old S-series was ahead of its time with those easily accessible trans filters.
---
Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown. Ask yourself why YOU keep going to the circus.
VUEmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:33 AM   #10
sierrap615
Master Member
sierrap615 is on a distinguished road

i'm not sure but i think the cf135 is a replacement of cf109

i have seen a canister filter for the honda trans in the parts catalog, but i've never had anyone ask for it, nor do i know its exact location or how easy it is to change it. here is a picture: http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...=52849&cat=500
Formerly - Saturn of Downers Grove Parts Department
Current - Castle Chevy in Villa Park Parts Department

EPA 608 Certification
EPA 609 Certification
sierrap615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #11
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

The picture shows the inside of the trans. So the trans would need to come apart to get to that filter.
A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote