SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 03-19-2021, 04:59 PM   #1
Capumb
Capumb is on a distinguished road

Default A few questions from someone new to Saturns...

Hey, I recently nabbed an '07 Vue(141k on it) and I have a few questions about it [obv until I can get someone to look at it soon] and there don't seem to be many places to ask about Saturns, so found this forum until I have someone look at it shortly. For the most part it runs smoothly, but...

1) Where exactly is the trans dipstick(if there is one)? I have the manual for it but can't seem to locate where it's talking about... my model being the 3.5. I've read through it and found most things.

2) When you start it up and get going, I just noticed this grind-y noise that only seems to be coming from the passenger side(like it's coming through the vent?). Sorry if that's kinda vague, but it seems to go away after you've been driving a lil. Luckily I haven't used it much if that's anything kinda bad.

3) At idle there is a noticeable tapping noise from up front that doesn't sound like a knock... is it supposed to sound like that? It's oil lvl and stuff is fine, so idk if I'm being a worry wart or what.

Feel free to ask for any details you might need. Thanks!
Capumb is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2021, 07:13 PM   #2
Capumb
Capumb is on a distinguished road

Default Re: A few questions from someone new to Saturns...

Hmm...I don't know if you can edit it, but something about the 'tapping' thing I mentioned...you don't really hear much of it(maybe it's just very light at first?) when you first turn the car on and let it idle some. Only seems to pop up when you've actually driven some. I hope I'm making some kinda sense with this post... ☠️☠️☠️
Capumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 07:23 PM   #3
Bruce Rock
Bruce Rock is just really niceBruce Rock is just really niceBruce Rock is just really niceBruce Rock is just really nice

2000 SL2
2006 VUE 2.2L

For #2 I suggest checking the bearings and brakes(pads)at that location. If the pads are gone, check the brake hose for blockage at that location (rust inside the stand off for the hose causes the hose to be squeezed shut)

Welcome
Bruce Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 02:56 PM   #4
Willsmith000
Willsmith000 is on a distinguished road

We don’t know exactly when ancient observers first recognized what we now call the planet Saturn. Many ancient civilizations were aware of five wandering points of light in the night sky, which were later named for gods of Roman mythology — Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. These planets were easily observed with the unaided eye. It was not until the time of Galileo, who first looked at the sky through a telescope, that we observed these wandering “stars” to be other worlds.

You can also check out BioFit independent reviews and see what weight loss benefits this probiotic supplement has to offer to its customers.

https://bit.ly/38ZQCqG
https://clickbankproductreviews.org/biofit-review/
Willsmith000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:18 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

If members here are unable to offer help locating the xmission dipstick, either it exists or not. Perhaps searching Honda forums and asking there may help. I may be mistaken but I presume the same 3.5L Honda engine and xmission are used in Honda models.

If you open the engine hood and listen, tapping noises can emanate from anywhere; valve tappets, overhead cams, pushrods, injectors, loose belt tensioner hitting it end stop from a stretched belt or worn out tensioner, etc.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 06:28 PM   #6
bern
Advanced Member
bern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of light

2006 VUE 3.5L
2006 ION-2 Sedan

07 Vue with a 3.5L Honda engine and Honda 5 speed automatic trans will have the VIN 8th digit is number 4. The trans dipstick is down low on the side of the trans facing the front of the vehicle, check the level with the trans temperature warm, shift though the gears, shut off the engine, and check fluid level in the next few minutes. A drain and fill requires 4.8 quarts of Honda transmission fluid.
bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:28 PM   #7
Bismarck318
Bismarck318 is a jewel in the roughBismarck318 is a jewel in the roughBismarck318 is a jewel in the roughBismarck318 is a jewel in the rough

Location: Birthplace of Rust, FKA The Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
If members here are unable to offer help locating the xmission dipstick, either it exists or not.

Front of the transmission on the right side of the bay, I thought it had a bright orange handle unless I'm mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsmith000 View Post
We don’t know exactly when ancient observers first recognized what we now call the planet Saturn. Many ancient civilizations were aware of five wandering points of light in the night sky, which were later named for gods of Roman mythology — Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. These planets were easily observed with the unaided eye. It was not until the time of Galileo, who first looked at the sky through a telescope, that we observed these wandering “stars” to be other worlds.
The what you say!?!? Learn something new every day!
Angry White Planet Ohth.... The REAL "Salt Life"!
Bismarck318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 11:21 AM   #8
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L

I noticed issues on test drive.
I missed many things on test drive.
Which is it?
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote