SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 03-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
SUPERCHARGE
SUPERCHARGE is on a distinguished road

1993 SL2
Default Ok, is Amsoil using the Pyramid Scheme to sell their products????

Ok guys... here I am trying to find distributors for Amsoil ATF. Most people who I have called say they only signed up as distributors to save money but don't sell it as it's non-profitable and a waste of time/resources. A couple others were trying to convince me to be a distributor for a 45$ fee. It was a total sales pitch. So, basically, in order to pay 9.99$/quart instead of 14.99/quart (minimum of 8 quart purchase), I must pay 45$ to become a distributor and have to be able to sell??
If everything is under control... then you aren't going fast enough.
SUPERCHARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
lewdwig
lewdwig is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Ok, is Amsoil using the Pyramid Scheme to sell their products????

IIRC - one can pay $25 to become a preferred customer and get the products cheaper.

OTOH - a Parts Plus store near here has Amsoil full synthetic 10W-40 and ATF and that's pretty much it.

I've ordered Amsoil 5W-30 over the internet from a dealer on BITOG.
lewdwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
SUPERCHARGE
SUPERCHARGE is on a distinguished road

1993 SL2

Ok, yeah, got my answer, much of it is like a pyramid scheme. You have to find your way out of all the retards and find a shop that sells it to rid yourself of BS. Online ordering is not an option as the change needs to be done ASAP. I'll try and find a few shops around that may have it around.
If everything is under control... then you aren't going fast enough.
SUPERCHARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
SLCraig
Master Member
SLCraig is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2000 SW2

Supercharge if you're ever in London come check out our dealer.

He has almost everything they make in stock minus the air filters.

Oils, ATFs, Gear oils, marine, etc.
1996 SL2 5MT
1997 SL1 5MT
2000 SW2 5MT
All gone, but not forgotten.
SLCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to behold

1995 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHARGE View Post
Ok, yeah, got my answer, much of it is like a pyramid scheme. You have to find your way out of all the retards and find a shop that sells it to rid yourself of BS. Online ordering is not an option as the change needs to be done ASAP. I'll try and find a few shops around that may have it around.
Don't consider it a pyramid scheme. Think of it more as a down in the dirt grass roots smoke and mirror show!

It's a shame they don't rid themselves of the current distribution and do it like the larger companies do. They end up with a lot of their people (and websites) making claims that they simply can't back at all. Some will outright lie to sell some product.

With all they save on distribution and certifications, you would think they could come off of some profit margin and make efforts to run with the big dogs.
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:04 PM   #6
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHARGE View Post
Its a MLM like Amway and a few others. Find a good dealer/jobber who has stock on the shelf and you will be fine.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #7
hholbein
hholbein will become famous soon enoughhholbein will become famous soon enough

1997 SW2

Personally, I get enough people pitching stuff to me, I'm not looking to enter into an ongoing relationship when all I want to do is buy a darn bottle of ATF.

That's why I looked in the yellow pages for the local GMC/Allison dealer and called the parts dept for pricing/availability for Transynd (which Amsoil cloned). A short 20 minute drive and a 5 minute $38 transaction, and shazam, I'm good for a decade!

I would have thought GMC truck dealers were pretty widespread, perhaps not as much as I experienced.....
hholbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #8
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

You can become a preferred customer and that makes life much easier, and cheaper also. A good dealer will not bug you to buy things.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #9
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to behold

1995 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hholbein View Post
Personally, I get enough people pitching stuff to me, I'm not looking to enter into an ongoing relationship when all I want to do is buy a darn bottle of ATF.

That's why I looked in the yellow pages for the local GMC/Allison dealer and called the parts dept for pricing/availability for Transynd (which Amsoil cloned). A short 20 minute drive and a 5 minute $38 transaction, and shazam, I'm good for a decade!

I would have thought GMC truck dealers were pretty widespread, perhaps not as much as I experienced.....
Short of a truck place, some people might be able to go with the John Deere stuff. I'm not sure just how close it is to the Transynd, but it's certified to the same spec.
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:17 AM   #10
hholbein
hholbein will become famous soon enoughhholbein will become famous soon enough

1997 SW2

I think John Deere brands it SynTran.
hholbein is offline   Reply With Quote