SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Old 04-13-2020, 03:27 PM   #1
hioncole
hioncole is on a distinguished road

Default 04 Ion won't shift to neutral

I was attempting to back up and almost always have an issue with reverse so I shift 1,3,R and it usually works (something with the reverse safety switch?) well it started grinding so I attempted it again and then it just stayed in first and wouldn't go to neutral or any other gear, clutch or not. It looks like the bushing to the left of the shift lever has broke off 3 of the 4 plastic pieces making it unable to go left to right. Unclipped the white left clip on the shift cable and its able to move left to right, but still not shifting out of first or into neutral at all. I've read it could be the bushing but haven't found any info on replacing it. Also read that it could be the roll pin and just have to take driver's tire off and it should be staring me right in the face (haven't tried this yet)
hioncole is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links