SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue

Old 04-13-2021, 04:59 PM   #1
acdc
acdc is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Wiring Harness and PCM replacement

Has anybody ever replaced the main wiring harness on their Vue? I am about to tackle it hoping it solves the problem. I am replacing the PCM for a second time due to a short in one of the plugs receptacle plugs on the PCM having burned off a terminal. Second time this has happened. I decided tha there must be an issue somewhere in the harness. We will see. There is a ****load of wires and switches involved. Has anybody ever done this and have any advice or tips?

Thanks
acdc is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2021, 07:59 AM   #2
gm7
Advanced Member
gm7 is a jewel in the roughgm7 is a jewel in the roughgm7 is a jewel in the roughgm7 is a jewel in the rough

2009 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Wiring Harness and PCM replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc View Post
Has anybody ever replaced the main wiring harness on their Vue? I am about to tackle it hoping it solves the problem. I am replacing the PCM for a second time due to a short in one of the plugs receptacle plugs on the PCM having burned off a terminal. Second time this has happened. I decided tha there must be an issue somewhere in the harness. We will see. There is a ****load of wires and switches involved. Has anybody ever done this and have any advice or tips?

Thanks
My advice would be avoid like the plague unless you have a lot of time on your hands and high frustration tolerance. Huge job. But, I understand your need.
So...I would go on line and see if the wire harness is available in 'segments'...and see if their is PCM specific harness that plugs into the larger car harness. Replacing the entire car harness is a pretty overwhelming job. Of course, anything can be done on a vehicle....I worked for GM engineering...just a job you would like to minimize.

Worse case you could 'splice in' the section of the harness specific to the PCM...obtain a used PCM section from a wrecking yard.

Let us know how it goes. Tell us a little about the car. A pretty rare occurrence...not many harness issues on this forum. Plenty of fuse block issues...but not the harness associated with the PCM.

Best of luck.
gm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 04:12 PM   #3
acdc
acdc is on a distinguished road

I am knee deep into it and it is truly a job that tries your nerves. I am replacing the harness that goes to three connectors on the pcm. It is a really long story but the short version is I have had the original and the replacement pcm burn off a terminal, is the best that I can describe it. Both times I took it and spent money to have it checked by reputable companies and they couldn't find a problem. I found it both times. So this is the only solution I could come up with. I have gotten into it and there is a wire that goes down on the drivers side and back around behind the engine out of reach of any possible imagination. Frustration for sure. I cannot believe the difficulty to get to this one run of wires. What sucks is nobody wants to fool with it and I am committed to finish it. So I am going to drink a few beers and try to do some research it some more today and maybe tackle it tomorrow. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
acdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 05:44 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I suggest subscribing to alldata or Mitchell for online GM service manuals in their format with up to date service bulletins. Both are second to none for GM service manual info.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote