SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General

Old 06-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #21
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE
Default Re: Front door speakers don't work

the oem AC/Delco front speakers are intermittently failing now on older Auras, Malibus & G6s pretty commonly.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #22
explorerbigjon
explorerbigjon will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE

Just had mine not work for about 15 minutes, tweeters and rear speakers were good but the door speakers not. Also not working while raining pretty good today.
explorerbigjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #23
tomkat
tomkat is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem with my front speakers. The rain, dry, cold, heat didn't make a difference if they worked or not! The problem was very intermittent, sometimes one or both would go out. Then passenger side quit working for about a month, a few weeks ago they both just quit working. I pulled the radio and checked the connections, they still didn't work. So I came across a post by user Kybuck on how to remove the door panels "How To: Remove Interior Door Trim" http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=176274
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/att...1&d=1321832139
I took off the passenger side panel 1st, pulled the speaker, I took a bookshelf speaker and made a connection to the door speaker connector, it worked, I then tried the door speaker on my home stereo and it didn't work. (I checked the bad speaker with an amp meter on 4 ohm , it showed zero ) So I bought new speakers and installed them and they work fine! The back of my original door speakers showed signs of corrosion on the bottom side of he magnet, I think they just get a little wet and corrode the voice coil and they eventually just give out.
tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #24
mozark
mozark is on a distinguished road

Wow, good info, the front door speakers on our '08 Aura have never worked. I figured they just cheaped out and didn't put speakers in the doors on the XE. It was under warranty when we bought it, guess its too late now.
mozark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #25
Project84
Advanced Member
Project84 will become famous soon enough

2009 AURA XR

Bumping this to say my '09 I just bought has ZERO volume coming from the doors. I suspected they didn't put any speakers in there myself but that apparently isn't the case.

Guess I'll be replacing them.

So they're 6.5" speakers?
John
'09 Saturn Aura XR 2.4L
Previous - '01 SL1 daily driver and '96 SL2 auto 40+mpg hypermiler.
Project84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #26
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project84 View Post

So they're 6.5" speakers?
yes, but they have an integrated adapter that non-oem won't. u can either buy an adapter from a third party, jerry-rig your own adapter or mount them on the door trim panel directly.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:54 AM   #27
Project84
Advanced Member

2009 AURA XR

Thanks for the reply, I have a welder and some sheet metal laying around, I'll make it happen!
John
'09 Saturn Aura XR 2.4L
Old 06-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #28
golftango
golftango will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project84 View Post
Thanks for the reply, I have a welder and some sheet metal laying around, I'll make it happen!
Or if you order them from Crutchfield, I believe they include the adapters and harnesses for free.

Edit: Yes, the adapters are included. They are Scosche SAC-656.
2017 Sport SE 6MT in San Marino Red
2012 Pilot EX-L w/ NAV (family truckster)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/golftango
https://500px.com/golftango
https://www.instagram.com/golftango
golftango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #29
Project84
Advanced Member

2009 AURA XR

found them on rockauto.com for $20 that look like direct replacements.
John
'09 Saturn Aura XR 2.4L
Old 10-11-2015, 07:48 PM   #30
jazzct55
jazzct55 is on a distinguished road

I have been having the same issue with my 08 Aura, the front speakers started working only intermittently, seemed like only when it was sunny. Then recently they stopped altogether. I saw this thread and purchased a pair of Dual dual cone 6 1/2 inch speakers for $25 at Advance Auto, installation was easy. I have had to remove the door panels in the past due to a couple other issues, so that was a snap, one bolt to remove the factory speaker then cut the wires. Crimped a couple audio connectors to the wires, then soldered the connectors to the speaker connections to make sure they stayed put. Drilled 4 holes in the door, 4 sheet metal screws to hold speaker, and they work great! I actually think they sound better than the factory speakers.
You can order the factory speakers from Amazon or Rock Auto if you prefer, they are about $25 -$30 each.
If you need instructions for taking off the door panel, reply to this with your email and I will send them to you.
jazzct55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:57 PM   #31
burttoast
burttoast is on a distinguished road

2009 ION-2 Sedan

My 09 Aura's front speaker(s) went out.... trying to find someone to work on it is sketchy..... I finally went to a place that will install new speakers
I paid a total of $94 for two front 6 1/2 inch speakers...I watched the guy take the door panel off in a jiffy - it would have taken me a long time probably, cuz he had one special pry tool that worked wonders....

I just had them installed today and I hope they keep on working
because all the chimes and Onstar phone come out of the drivers door speaker.

on the other matter....my drivers seat belt is not working right -- the chimes will come on even though the seatbelt is connected... I put up with this for 6months and I got tired of it and since I have new speakers I thought I would go for broke and spray some WD-40 down the seat belt connector.... hopefully that will stop all that dinging.
burttoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:44 PM   #32
Nigey
Nigey is a glorious beacon of lightNigey is a glorious beacon of lightNigey is a glorious beacon of lightNigey is a glorious beacon of lightNigey is a glorious beacon of lightNigey is a glorious beacon of light

2007 AURA XE
2002 SL2

I had the same issue, and using the fader setting on the stereo found that the speakers didn't work. I confirmed that by removing the door panel per a thread by Kybuck (a great help, kudos to Kybuck for the thread, but I can't post it as I'm a new user)

Using a multimeter you can test the speakers to see if they work (test for resistance), or even just hotwire to an old speaker you can confirm if the speaker output works.

The only thing I'd add is that I didn't remove the cable for the door release; I found that putting a strap (or a piece or strong string or rope?) through the door lock button hole and then tying it around the door handle would keep the door panel just enough out of the way to access the speakers. It may be an easy thing to release the ball from the bracket, but I just figured if I didn't have to, it was easier.

Anyway, chimes and a reasonable sounding sound now!
Nigey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:12 AM   #33
Broke_saturn
Broke_saturn is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

I also have the same problem. Its a problem with the door seals that's letting in water and shorting the speakers. I finally noticed when I was driving one day and kept hearing water sloshing around... Fix- New window/door seals our possibly the draining pplug if there is such a thing
Broke_saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:09 PM   #34
imaddicted2u
Advanced Member
imaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

When I bought my 2008 Aura XE the driver door speaker was blown. I picked up a pair of these at Walmart, cheap but sound far better than stock.:

I modified the stock speakers by cutting the plastic so the new speakers fit and installed like the originals. I glued the original plug to the speaker so I didn't need to cut or splice any wiring. Worked great for over a year but the other day the speakers stopped working. Once I got it apart I tested the speakers, they were ok. It was the plug that was corroded this time. After cleaning the corrosion from both sides of the connection the speakers are working again.
2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:05 PM   #35
Freyakan
Freyakan is on a distinguished road

Do you have upscale radio.
Freyakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:30 PM   #36
imaddicted2u
Advanced Member
imaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyakan View Post
Do you have upscale radio.
Not me
2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote