SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
dewisp02
dewisp02 is on a distinguished road

Default Need some expert knowledge...

I have an '02 SL2 with a sunroof, and it wont open. I took off the headliner and took out the whole sunroof assembly. I could hear the motor working, but was making loud clicking noises so I figured it was off track or the motor gear's teeth were worn down... Once I got the motor out, I could see the two guide wires weren't making good contact with the gear and the teeth looked worn down. Is there a replacement part number for this gear? If not, is there a way I can measure it and maybe find a replacement though some parts place. Or anyone know a replacement gear that will work?

Also does anyone have any ideas on how to make the two guide wires to make a tighter fit on the gear? I flipped the gear over to see if the teeth would be long enough on the back side to work right, but it still does not grab like it should [it now moves the tracks some, but does not grab enough and makes the grinding noise still]... it looks like if I could find a way to squeeze the guide wires and gear together it would work. I have yet to drill out the rivet holding the mounting bracket because I didnt know how important that is and dont have a rivet gun to replace it. Anyways, anyone of you guys have any ideas what I can try to get it to work out. If all else fails, I will have to just pick up a new sun roof assembly at a JY if I can find one. Just hoping to find a poor man's fix since I am hurting financially right now. Thanks in advance.
dewisp02 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links