SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue

Old 01-19-2015, 05:29 PM   #1
bz1lvn
bz1lvn has a spectacular aura aboutbz1lvn has a spectacular aura aboutbz1lvn has a spectacular aura about

Default Key stuck in ACC when shut off vehicle

2008 Saturn Vue has intermittent key stuck in ACC mode when shut off vehicle. Steering wheel is not locked up when this happens. Find that if I depress the button on the front of the shifter once, I hear a clicking sound and the key will turn to OFF and I can remove the key. Looking for what I would need to do to repair or replace to fix the issue. Seems shifter mechanism related. Brake lights work so no issue with BTSI (maybe).
Thanks
bz1lvn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #2
gm7
Advanced Member
gm7 is a jewel in the roughgm7 is a jewel in the roughgm7 is a jewel in the roughgm7 is a jewel in the rough

2009 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Key stuck in ACC when shut off vehicle

Likely the micro switch at the shifter which allows the ignition switch solenoid to release. Hopefully you can go in, pull the shifter housing apart, gain access, remove the switch and bend the switch such that it will correctly release the ignition switch when in Park.

Here is a video for a Saturn Ion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCO-yP7_cDU

I presume hardware is very similar for your Vue although the shifter bezel and/or housing may come apart a bit different. There are people on this forum with a service manual and maybe they will provide some pics showing how the shifter housing comes apart...the hardest part of the job.

I personally would go right to the shifter and pull it apart without pulling the ignition switch housing apart. This will save you some time and aggravation as it is likely purely related to the shifter micro switch and before putting the shifter housing back in place you can test your repair after bending the micro switch lever. You shouldn't have to remove the ignition column clamshell halves apart exposing the ignition switch solenoid.

Hope that helps.
gm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:46 PM   #3
bz1lvn
bz1lvn has a spectacular aura aboutbz1lvn has a spectacular aura aboutbz1lvn has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Key stuck in ACC when shut off vehicle

Thanks for the input. Based on what I have read, it seems like your advice is right on. Hope someone can provide some pictures to expose the switch.
bz1lvn is offline   Reply With Quote