SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 08-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
dddaaa
dddaaa is on a distinguished road

Default I don't have a fuel pressure gauge, is there a way to check problem fuel pump without

My 97 sl1 makes no noise out of fuel pump when key turned on. If I put new fuel pump relay in and same problem, fuse not blown, how do I use multimeter to check wires at fuel pump (please include settings on multimeter and what I connect + and - multimeter probes to)?
Also, can I just remove the fuel line somewhere to see if fuel come out with key on to verify faulty fuel pump (really do not want to buy gauge, very broke here)?
Thanks for any advice!!!
dddaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: I don't have a fuel pressure gauge, is there a way to check problem fuel pump wit

You can disconnect line down at the filter inlet. Catch fuel in bucket.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
dddaaa

Default Re: I don't have a fuel pressure gauge, is there a way to check problem fuel pump wit

So if I turn key on and disconnect line at filter and fuel squirts out not a problem with fuel pump?
Old 08-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Disconnect the line first as the pump only runs for 2 seconds.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
OldNuc

1998 SC2

You are probably going to need this info:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODs5GMRI2Q0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqlBWRMwN_o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bDcRPhcVs4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo5OeHcvk-0

Read the comments for the videos also. Is there any other electrical thing that is not working in the car? Dome lamp, radio loosing memory, Chime?
Old 08-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
dddaaa

If I pull the hose at the fuel filter and turn the key to the start position, if fuel sqirts out the hose, this means the fuel pump is ok right?? Thanks for the links by Richpin they were great!
Old 08-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
OldNuc

1998 SC2

Yes, And if it does not it just means that the pump is not pumping because it has no power or is broke.