SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods

Old 01-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #1
theonlyari
theonlyari is on a distinguished road

Wrench Dashboard Lights

Sorry if there is already a thread about this but i can't find it...

So i got a different head unit from my girlfriend for christmas this year and it has blue lighting. So iv got the crazy idea to redo the lights in guages and AC controls. I have some ideas as to ways to do it but they are probably much more difficult that they need to be. Are there places to go to get blue dash lights?
theonlyari is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2008, 01:10 AM   #2
firestomper25
firestomper25 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Dashboard Lights

here found this lol googled it ..i was looking for it also... so hope this helps.. http://www.blackcatcustom.com/Ion.htm
firestomper25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
theonlyari
theonlyari is on a distinguished road

That is an interesting site, however, i was hoping to keep my costs well below 70$ for gauges. I mean, after all, it is just aesthetics. Are there sites that sell LED resistor combos that fit in the original light sockets? Are there ways to mod the existing lights?
theonlyari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:32 AM   #4
froggy81500
froggy81500 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlyari View Post
That is an interesting site, however, i was hoping to keep my costs well below 70$ for gauges. I mean, after all, it is just aesthetics. Are there sites that sell LED resistor combos that fit in the original light sockets? Are there ways to mod the existing lights?
superbrightleds.com has the special bulbs that go in the Ion's cluster. they are something like a b8.5d or b8.3d

http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

instead of replacing the bulbs in my 06 and my wife's 07, i just painted the OE bulbs with suncatcher glass paint I picked up at walmart for like $3. Mine are blue and her's are like a purple/pink color. They have them in the arts and crafts section, but you could find them in an arts and crafts store just as easily. I painted them with 2 or 3 coats to get the color I wanted out of them. I did the dome bulbs also but it dimmed them a bit, so those I might swap to brighter led style bulbs so I can have the color I want with a brighter bulb.

Last edited by froggy81500; 01-17-2008 at 11:40 AM.
froggy81500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #5
froggy81500
froggy81500 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Sedan

http://www.acmoore.com/p-29951-fun-p...ic-colors.aspx

That's the kit I picked up at walmart for about the same price as that on the arts supply store's website. Take something like a cardboard box and make holes to set the bulb in by their bases so you can paint them. There are only 4 bulbs for the dash lights. The HVAC lights, however, I believe are surface mounted solders bulbs. Those you'd either have to paint them in place or get out your soldering iron to replace them.
froggy81500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:27 AM   #6
tizzacd70
tizzacd70 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy81500 View Post
http://www.acmoore.com/p-29951-fun-p...ic-colors.aspx

That's the kit I picked up at walmart for about the same price as that on the arts supply store's website. Take something like a cardboard box and make holes to set the bulb in by their bases so you can paint them. There are only 4 bulbs for the dash lights. The HVAC lights, however, I believe are surface mounted solders bulbs. Those you'd either have to paint them in place or get out your soldering iron to replace them.
I purchased 2 of these, and I love them, The guidance said to use a screwdriver, I used my drill and wood glue to get a better hold, and these are super sturdy! I got this Modular Mobile Chest by Simply Tidy at a discounted price with the help of Michaels Promo Codes. THE PRICE IS AWESOME!!

tizzacd70 is offline   Reply With Quote