SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General

Old 05-25-2007, 12:03 AM   #1
mr weather
mr weather is on a distinguished road

Default Got my new XR tonight...

And I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl!!

I'm now the proud owner of an Ocean Mist with Ebony leather model. Boy, what a sweet ride. I took my 4 year-old son out cruising when I got back from the dealer and he was impressed. I think his most frequent comment was "daddy, it sure is quiet".

There is one very small issue and that is an occasion rattling sound while travelling over bumps with the sunshade pulled back. I think that's where it's coming from because with the shade closed the noise disappears. It isn't annoying enough for me to bring it in right away and have it looked at. I'll probably wait for the first service -- assuming the noise is still there.

Other than that very minor issue, everything is as it should be. The car is solid, powerful and quiet. Love the XM, love the TAP shifting. Any my wife is absolutely in love with the colour.

One of the guys at the dealership did warn me that mileage will be pretty lousy for the first 1500 km or so. I was already aware that the 3.6 is initially pretty tight so for the meantime I'll drive it and not really track it too much until after then.

I'll post pictures soon.
mr weather is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2007, 12:52 AM   #2
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: Got my new XR tonight...

Congratulations! Great car!
2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 14.7 beta
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:18 AM   #3
Furious Coder
Furious Coder is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

Congrats!

I'll live vicariously through your joy for a few months.
Furious Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:09 AM   #4
ronjohn
ronjohn is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2008 VUE 2.4L
Default Congrats! >

I know the feeling I have an ocean mist too! As for the sun roof - make sure the pull roof is pushed all the way back - it kind of locks in place at the back and no rattle. Mine will rattle a bit unless it is pushed all the way back or pull forward.

Hope this works for you!

Welcome to the club - it's a fun (and quiet) car!
ronjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:15 AM   #5
bgates2b
bgates2b is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
1994 SL2

Congratulations.

Your mileage will stink at first. I don't think mine improved until I hit like 3000 or so miles.

Oceanmist seems like it is becoming a popular color, bet it would look nice with 35% tinted windows
"Congratulations on your brand new 2007 Acura" - Tenisha, the On*Star rep that handled my call during the Aura's delivery
bgates2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:30 AM   #6
Harry-L
Harry-L is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2003 VUE 2.2L

Congrats! That's what we have

Ocean Mist with black leather
2000 SC Coupe ('99 - '02)
2002 LS200 ('02 - current)
2003 VUE 2.2L ('02 - current)
2007 Aura XR ('07 - current)
Harry-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:40 AM   #7
mr weather

Thanks all for the comments!

ronjohn: I'll try pushing the sunshade back to see if it'll lock in place.

bgates2b: yes, I'm contemplating getting them tinted. The dealership tried to talk me into getting it done through them but I declined, figuring it would be cheaper elsewhere.

My commute to work is 50 km each way, nearly all highway. It was fun cruising in this morning with the odd burst of speed every now and then. You really gotta be careful with this car: it requires very little effort to get up to 140 km/h!
Old 05-25-2007, 08:57 AM   #8
yankeeguybd
yankeeguybd is on a distinguished road

Ocean Mist IS an attractive color on the beautiful Aura. My next door neighbor has an Ocean Mist and seeing it in his driveway is what made me visit my Saturn dealership and eventually purchase my new Aura.

My wife's best friend bought an Ocean Mist Aura last week, she brought it over last night and was surprised to see"her car" in my neighbor's driveway!.

I have the black onyx Aura which people have told me makes the car look "handsome."

The problem is, black has to be washed more often, but I love handwashing it every few days because I love my new Aura!.
yankeeguybd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:44 AM   #9
bgates2b
bgates2b is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
1994 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeguybd View Post
....I have the black onyx Aura which people have told me makes the car look "handsome."

The problem is, black has to be washed more often, but I love handwashing it every few days because I love my new Aura!.
Tell me about it

I picked Black Onyx too, it seems to make the car look more luxurious.
"Congratulations on your brand new 2007 Acura" - Tenisha, the On*Star rep that handled my call during the Aura's delivery
bgates2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:07 PM   #10
Furious Coder
Furious Coder is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

There's really only two acceptable colors for a car: Black if the car has chrome trim, or silver if the car has black side bumpers.

White is the only color for a transport vehicle, like a touring van, that will be traveling through the South.

Taxis should be yellow. Firetrucks should be red. Police vehicles should be blue and white. Ambulances should be white and red.

There, that's settled.
Furious Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:09 PM   #11
mr weather

Our VUE is already black so I didn't want another dark-coloured vehicle.

And yes, it is a pain to keep it looking good but when it is... boy, nothing sharper than a clean, black car.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:13 PM   #12
MJD112379
MJD112379 is on a distinguished road

I have the sunshade rattle, too. My dealer ordered me a new shade and is going to call me when it comes in. Their tech duplicated the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr weather View Post

I'm now the proud owner of an Ocean Mist with Ebony leather model. Boy, what a sweet ride. I took my 4 year-old son out cruising when I got back from the dealer and he was impressed. I think his most frequent comment was "daddy, it sure is quiet".

There is one very small issue and that is an occasion rattling sound while travelling over bumps with the sunshade pulled back. I think that's where it's coming from because with the shade closed the noise disappears. It isn't annoying enough for me to bring it in right away and have it looked at. I'll probably wait for the first service -- assuming the noise is still there.

Other than that very minor issue, everything is as it should be. The car is solid, powerful and quiet. Love the XM, love the TAP shifting. Any my wife is absolutely in love with the colour.

One of the guys at the dealership did warn me that mileage will be pretty lousy for the first 1500 km or so. I was already aware that the 3.6 is initially pretty tight so for the meantime I'll drive it and not really track it too much until after then.

I'll post pictures soon.
MJD112379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:15 PM   #13
thewolf
thewolf is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2008 AURA XE

Congrats on the purchase!! My first Aura XR was the same color, now I have a silver pearl XR. Either color looks great on the car.

You've made a great choice, enjoy!!
Live and learn...........
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #14
SaturnPlanet
SaturnPlanet is on a distinguished road

Congratulations! Great color (er, colour) combination!!!
We know more about what is less than ourselves, and less about what is more than ourselves.
SaturnPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:29 PM   #15
SaturnPlanet
SaturnPlanet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh yeah, and congrats on your schoolgirl giddyness!!!
We know more about what is less than ourselves, and less about what is more than ourselves.
SaturnPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #16
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Quote:

I'm now the proud owner of an Ocean Mist with Ebony leather model...

There is one very small issue and that is an occasion rattling sound while travelling over bumps with the sunshade pulled back. I think that's where it's coming from because with the shade closed the noise disappears...

...Any my wife is absolutely in love with the colour.
It took me some time to truly appreciate my Ocean Mist XE. I love how it can look like several different colors depending on the lighting.

I also have the annoying rattle from the sunshade... it's gotten worse over time and only stops when the shade is fully closed which negates the joy of having the sunroof. I haven't mentioned it to my service department yet but hopefully they can silence it for me!
Beautiful People First~
Galileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #17
mr weather

Thanks all for the comments. Yeah, the rattle is there but it's not something that I find annoying... yet. Assuming it doesn't get worse I'll wait for the first service to have it checked out.

A couple of other things:

1) It seems to take a while for the AC to cool down. Once it does it's really, REALLY cold, just takes a bit of time. I noticed it when manually activating the AC and not turning the knob to AUTO.

2) The 18" wheels are already getting dirty with brake dust. So far this car has been the worst of the three Saturns I've owned. Is this normal too? I don't mind too much if it is, it just means washing it more often 'cause that stuff can corrode and permanently stain the wheels.

I've put on 250 km in the past two days. A lot of it simply cruising around and enjoying the drive.

And I've been noticing many people taking a second glance at the car. I've only seen two other Aura's in my area. It's nice having a unique car.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:11 PM   #18
SaturnRaycer
SaturnRaycer is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
2) The 18" wheels are already getting dirty with brake dust. So far this car has been the worst of the three Saturns I've owned. Is this normal too? I don't mind too much if it is, it just means washing it more often 'cause that stuff can corrode and permanently stain the wheels.
Brake dust seems to be an issue for many European cars. Something about how the pads are made. My XE isn't nearly as bad as my L200 was. Maybe the XR has a different pad material.

You have a couple choices. Suck it up and clean those wheels until the pads need replacing, find an aftermarket set of pads. Hawk, and EBC are two that come to mind.
SaturnRaycer is offline   Reply With Quote