SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 08:59 AM   #1
joshjani
joshjani has a spectacular aura aboutjoshjani has a spectacular aura aboutjoshjani has a spectacular aura about

2005 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Default VUE Rear Bumper step plate-fit old S series?

Anyone get a step plate for their VUE AFTER they bought the car? That is, not dealer installed, but DIY later?

I see them online, and I love the Saturn logo in the middle of it. I want a similar thing for my 94 SW2, and I wondered if it might fit.

I would get another step guard, but there's a "dip" in the center of my bumper, and I don't think any step plates would fit w/o cutting it up.

I see that the bumper plate on a VUE has a little shape to it that looks like it would fit right in the center. See picture.

Anyway, if you put one on later, how much was it, did it just stick on, any trouble with it, etc.

JC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bumperpad_vue_popup.jpg (7.8 KB, 9 views)
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2005, 12:30 PM   #2
RicksVue
RicksVue is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Thumbs Up Re: VUE Rear Bumper step plate-fit old S series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjani
Anyone get a step plate for their VUE AFTER they bought the car? That is, not dealer installed, but DIY later?

I see them online, and I love the Saturn logo in the middle of it. I want a similar thing for my 94 SW2, and I wondered if it might fit.

I would get another step guard, but there's a "dip" in the center of my bumper, and I don't think any step plates would fit w/o cutting it up.

I see that the bumper plate on a VUE has a little shape to it that looks like it would fit right in the center. See picture.

Anyway, if you put one on later, how much was it, did it just stick on, any trouble with it, etc.

JC
I put mine on myself, bought online from saturnaccessories.com. Don't remember what it cost, unfortunately.

It was very easy to install. You clean up the bumper with a alcohol pad (supplied), put it in place and peel the backing off the sticky tape that holds it down. Given the nicks in it I'm glad I have it as it's saved the bumper cover from some damage.

I can't say whether it'll fit on your S, though. Sorry.
-Rick
Old 04-26-2005, 04:33 PM   #3
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Default Re: VUE Rear Bumper step plate-fit old S series?

It won't fit without heavy customization(force-fitting).
The VUE is wider than any S-series wagon....
Closed Thread