SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 04-10-2021, 12:43 AM   #21
Jonnyfive
Jonnyfive is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Saturn stalls as soon as I put it into drive.

Thank you guys so much for all the advice. When my neighbor looked at it he didnít rule out the possibility of it being the torque converter, he just said it was probably the valve body. As for me messing with the brake booster I followed this (https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/B...-Booster-Check) guide, although I did not completely disconnect it, it seems to be working just fine. As for all the sensors, they came off of my previous working motor so although that doesnít mean they are good, they are probably working just fine. In addition to that I just replaced all the vacuum hoses and the engine idles find at 800 rpm when warm, although it may be worth mentioning that the idle does go up and down a little ( by like 10 rpm every second or so) but I believe that is due to a dirty/bad O2 sensor. When I put it in gear before I release the brake the idle drops to around 600-700, I havenít noticed a difference in, in-gear idle speed between hot and cold. I will follow your suggestions, but Iím starting to feel kinda sick, I think Iím coming down with something so I may take a little break. If I find anything major Iíll update here.
Jonnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links