SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 07-01-2021, 01:35 AM   #1
Nate-R
Nate-R is on a distinguished road

Default 2006 Vue Red Line Valve Core Compatibility?

Hello all,

I'm getting ready to replace the scroll valve on my 2006 Red Line, and while the system is empty would like to replace the valve cores since it sounds like those are a good preventative maintenance item while it's empty.

I've had difficulty getting my hands on even a compatible low-side AC port cover (I think I've found one, but need to pick it up tomorrow - if that one doesn't work, I'm just going to a pick-a-part to grab one), so want to be sure they didn't throw in some annoying non-standard valves. Does anyone know?

Thank you

Last edited by Nate-R; 07-01-2021 at 01:47 AM.
Nate-R is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2021, 01:29 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2006 Vue Red Line Valve Core Compatibility?

What's a "low-side AC port cover"?

My searches for fuel test port valve core replacement (yes, mine leaked) and ac valve cores reveals many types and sizes. Unless you can find the GM parts list for valve cores or the entire screw on port with valve, you're most likely going to remove each one and then determine if they're regular or irregular before shopping for replacements. If the system was never serviced then valves may be intact and not needing replacement. The caps are used to help seal both service ports.

I used a temporary non ac valve core on my fuel test valve until the part came thru the mail. Valve cores have specific design parameters for fit and function. Beware of using non designated valve cores because one of two things may occur - immediate leaks from incorrect seating or seal breakdown from incompatibility with refrigerant and refrigerant oil. Online searches may be the best way to find parts for unusual items not regularly stocked in auto stores.

And don't worry about air and moisture contamination when a system is opened. Depending on repairs, any opened fittings or hoses can be plugged with either plastic plugs or rolled up napkin to keep dirt out. It's presumed once repairs are finished, a thorough evacuation of the system with an electric vacuum pump and gauges are used before refilling the system.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote