SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion

Old 04-09-2015, 09:50 PM   #1
bankshot
bankshot is on a distinguished road

Default 98 Saturn SL won't stay running

I have a 98 Saturn with 133k fuel gauge was acting erratic for a while, finally the car stalled and was like it ran out of gas. Mechanic said it needed a fuel pump. So I replaced it and fuel filter the car ran good for 166 miles and the car stalled again. It will start and run for about 15 seconds then its like it running out of gas. Could this be a ground issue. I don't know what else it could be. Please help!!
bankshot is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2015, 09:55 PM   #2
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to behold

1995 SL1
Default Re: 98 Saturn SL won't stay running

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankshot View Post
I have a 98 Saturn with 133k fuel gauge was acting erratic for a while, finally the car stalled and was like it ran out of gas. Mechanic said it needed a fuel pump. So I replaced it and fuel filter the car ran good for 166 miles and the car stalled again. It will start and run for about 15 seconds then its like it running out of gas. Could this be a ground issue. I don't know what else it could be. Please help!!
You'll probably get much better and/or more response if you post in the appropriate forum for the model of the car.

My first guess would be that the fuel is still the issue, but a fuel pressure tester could confirm or deny that. You probably have recourse against the shop and/or fuel pump manufacturer if they put in a bad pump. It might get trickier if the fuel pump was never the problem.
Alordofchaos is worthy and hides in shadows only to hone his S Series knowledge ninja skills. Swift, silent, trustworthy.
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote