SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra Tech

Old 08-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
TBailey
TBailey is on a distinguished road

Default Airbag reset

Hello all,

I have been searching high and low for help on my wifes 2008 Astra. She was involved in an accident where she was hit on the right rear tire. It blew the passenger side air bag. Right rear axel was bent.

All mechanical and cosmectic damage has been repaired, including replacing rear axel. All airbag related parts have been replaced, including seat belt tensioner. All parts replaced with genuine GM parts from the dealership.

Problem is no one can reset the airbag light. It has been to five dealerships, and I have had two companies that reset airbag lights come out. Has anyone had this problem, can someone refer me to people that have the capabilities of interfacing with the astra computer to take car out of crash mode?

We are locatred in Houston Texas.
I appreciate any help, or direction.
TBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
red08astra
red08astra is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Airbag reset

I just rebuilt one with a minor hit, I need it to work to get it certified and titled. I just put the reset air bag computer in and it didn't change a thing???
I am trying to have a local shop look at it. Hope they find the issue or I can't get it licensed!
Any one else experienced with this system?
red08astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:44 PM   #3
satlite440
satlite440 has much to be proud ofsatlite440 has much to be proud ofsatlite440 has much to be proud ofsatlite440 has much to be proud ofsatlite440 has much to be proud ofsatlite440 has much to be proud ofsatlite440 has much to be proud ofsatlite440 has much to be proud of

2001 SL2

you are wasteing your time and $ straight from sevice information bro

2008 Saturn ASTRA | Astra (VIN A) Service Manual | Safety and Security | Supplemental Inflatable Restraints | Repair Instructions | Document ID: 2040998
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Repairs and Inspections Required After a Collision

Accident With or Without Air Bag Deployment – Component Inspections

Caution: Proper operation of the SIR sensing system requires that any repairs to the vehicle structure return the vehicle structure to the original production configuration. Not properly repairing the vehicle structure could cause non-deployment in a collision or deployment for conditions less severe than intended.

After a collision, inspect the following components as indicated. If any damage is detected, replace the component. If damage to the mounting points or mounting hardware is detected, repair the component or replace the hardware as needed.

Steering column—Perform the steering column accident damage checking procedures. Refer to Steering Column Accident Damage Inspection .

Instrument panel (I/P) knee bolsters and mounting points—Inspect the knee bolsters for bending, twisting, buckling, or any other type of damage.

I/P brackets, braces, etc.—Inspect for bending, twisting, buckling, or any other type of damage.

Seat belts—Perform the seat belt operational and functional checks. Refer to Seat Belt System Operational and Functional Checks .

Seats and seat mounting points—Inspect for bending, twisting, buckling, or any other type of damage.

Passenger seat bottom with passenger presence system (PPS)—Check for any DTCs or problems that may cause the PPS not to function properly.

The roof and headliner mounting points.

Frontal Inflator Module Deployment

After a collision involving air bag deployment, replace the following components.

Important: The front passenger seat is equipped with a PPS, which detects an occupant. If the requirements for disabling the I/P air bag are met then the PPS will communicate with the sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) to disable/turn OFF the I/P air bag, even in a accident. For more information on the PPS refer to SIR System Description and Operation .

Inflatable restraint I/P module, if deployed and after performing the necessary inspections listed above

Inflatable restraint steering wheel module

Inflatable restraint SDM

Inflatable restraint front end sensor, left/right

Inflatable restraint seat belt pretensioners

Perform additional inspections on the following components.

Steering wheel module coil and the coil wiring pigtail—Inspect for melting, scorching, or other damage due to excessive heat.

Mounting points or mounting hardware for the I/P, steering wheel module, SDM, and pretensioners—Inspect for any damage and repair or replace each component as needed.

Accident With Side Air Bag Deployment – Component Replacement and Inspections

After a collision involving side air bag deployment, replace the following components.

Inflatable restraint side impact sensors (SIS), left/right, on the side of the impact

Inflatable restraint roof rail module, left/right, on the side of the impact

Inflatable restraint SDM

Inflatable restraint seat belt pretensioner

Perform additional inspections on the following components.

Mounting points or mounting hardware for the SIS—Inspect for any damage and repair or replace each component as needed.

Mounting points or mounting hardware for the roof rail module (left/right) on the side of impact—Inspect for any damage and repair or replace each component as needed.

Mounting points or mounting hardware for the SDM and seat belt pretensioners—Inspect for any damage and repair or replace each component as needed.

NOTICE IT SAID SDM OR SENSEING AND DIAGNOSTIC MODULE FOR THE SUPLEMENTAL RESTRAINTS. you have already done mose of it don't shortcut it now you need an sir sdm and to have it programmed to the car hth
satlite440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
Swordfish
Advanced Member
Swordfish is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XE

check that all components were in fact changed..... including seat belt tentioners (they are on the clip, not the belt spool), and the SDM ... SDM cannot be reprogrammed, it must be replaced.
Marc-Antoine

2009 Astra XE 5-door, Twilight Blue.
"I have four rules in the Astra. No food, no drink, no smoking, and no vomit. Got it? Now... let me just put my coffee in the cup holder..."
Swordfish is offline   Reply With Quote