SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue

Old 07-16-2020, 08:44 AM   #1
grumpy24
grumpy24 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.2L
Default 2008 Vue Electrical Problems

I have a 2008 Saturn Vue with 135,000 miles and am having electrical problems for about 6 months. Occasionally when I try to start the car everything on the front panel is blank. As I repeatedly turn the key hoping the lights will return, different things happen. Sometimes I cannot get the key out of the ignition and the panel and heater control knob lights blink. Other times, I can see the mileage, temperature, and compass reading is back lite, but when I turn the key from ignition to start everything goes blank. After about 20 to 30 minutes the car will start.

I wrote to a “Ask the Car Doctor” in a loca paper and he thought it might be a loose ground or a wire going to the fuse box.

When I brought it to the mechanic the problem did not repeat itself for him. They checked the fault codes, changed the ignition switch. They also disconnecting the radio which did not help.

When the problem finally occurred when the mechanic could observe he felt that an aftermarket remote starting system was the cause and removed it. This seemed to help for a period of time but due to COVID-19 and “shelter in place” restrictions I was not driving the car very often so I may be wrong.

Lately we have found when the problem occurs closing the door aggressively corrected the problem for that occasion. Also noticed that the problem is usually preceded by several instrument lights going on and off with beeping while driving. Also the traction control system and low tire pressure lights will come on and stay on. Usually when this happens the starting problem occurs the next time I try to start the car.

Appreciate any suggestions. Also be interested knowing of a dealer/mechanic in vicinity of Worcester, MA who may have already experienced this problem.
grumpy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2020, 04:27 PM   #2
acdc
acdc is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2008 Vue Electrical Problems

I have had the same problem and it just got worse. The battery cover contains your pcm. Next time it does this, move that around or smack it and see if it comes back. I wasted many dollars carrying mine in for that problem and nobody could help. I finally got pissed and went out and started running things down. I FINALLY found that one of the three connectors on the pcm had a wire shorted on the pcm. It burned one of the terminal pins or whatever they are called off. It was making a connection sometimes and sometimes it wasn't. I ended up getting another pcm off of ebay and replaced it. It is a pain in the ass getting it started back up after that. I carried it to a mechanic and he had to program or flash it or whatever that was called. I ended up replacing the pigtails on two of the connectors on the pcm because of connection problems. I have more problems now in that all of my warning lights are flasing for no reason. I have had it parked for a while and am starting to work on that. I like the car but the wiring electrical problems suck. good luck
acdc is offline   Reply With Quote