SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 03-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #1
Thief Of Joy
Thief Of Joy is on a distinguished road

2001 SW2
2006 VUE 2.4L
Sad 2001 Saturn - I wish I hadn't sold it. (NH/MA area)

I recently traded my 2001 Saturn SW2 as a down payment for a 2019 Honda Civic. I really just needed somewhere to post my grievance with my decision to trade in. I've been on and off crying about trading it in. I drove my Saturn EVERYWHERE. I live in NH and I bought it at the end of 2017 with only 125,000 miles on it. I put a ton of work into it. New radiator, control arms with ball joints, brakes, rotors, tires, spark plugs, headlights, replaced the original battery, exhaust work, and some other stuff.

I drove that wagon to Holden Maine TWICE, to the Canadian border, and as far as Rhode Island and multiple trips to Massachusetts and Northern NH. It ended up being auctioned off to Dave Ducharmes in Lowell, MA from Autofair Honda. If anyone in the area reads this and wants a decent Saturn with work put into it, please for the love of Saturns, buy it for me and take good care of it. If I had the money I'd go rebuy it as I regret my decision to trade it in for a Honda. The new car will never be mine and I'll never own it--and it'll never be my Saturn.

As soon as my lease is up or I have the money I will buy another Saturn. If someone you know ends up with the car. Please let me know. I was overly attached to the car and not ready to give it up. I can't unsign my lease papers as much as I wish I could. I'm sincerely heart broken and I hope I'm not the only one who's been this upset about giving up a car they weren't ready to give up. I feel stupid for being this upset, but I've wanted a Saturn since I was 8 years old (I'm 21 now).

If anyone seriously wants the car and needs the VIN to verify it was mine it's 1G8ZN82711Z263171. I attached the website it's for sale on and one of the first photos I took of it. It does have a little crack in the front fender passenger side. And the orange light has some double sided tape to hold the light in, if you happen to end up with that, it's 100% mine. Previous owner got too close to a tree but it passed inspection when I bought it. Also my sister threw away one of the hub caps covers because she thought it was trash. Lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1552845380871.jpg (69.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2019-03-17-13-50-34.jpg (130.6 KB, 21 views)
Thief Of Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2019, 02:57 PM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default Re: 2001 Saturn - I wish I hadn't sold it. (NH/MA area)

You, "replaced the original battery"?
So, if the car is 18 years old, how can that be proven??

Maybe (unlikely), the original battery lasted until 2010 and that 1st owner purchased a new one from a Saturn dealership just before they closed up shop forever?

Last edited by toggenburg; 03-17-2019 at 03:07 PM.
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:41 PM   #3
Thief Of Joy

2001 SW2
2006 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by toggenburg View Post
You, "replaced the original battery"?
So, if the car is 18 years old, how can that be proven??

Maybe (unlikely), the original battery lasted until 2010 and that 1st owner purchased a new one from a Saturn dealership just before they closed up shop forever?
I mean, it had some really worn out foam that encased the battery for insulation. I presume that the factory batteries tend to have the foam for heat insulation. It looked like it had never been touched. No need to be so critical of the small segment of the entire post. I sincerely loved this car. It sat for a number of years in between the 2 owners before me. The previous owner before me said that he had it for a couple years and as far as he knew the battery hadn't been touched (at least by him). It's hard to say what it went through before I owned it. I could be wrong about tbe battery. But most of the parts on the car looked like they had never been changed because they were so incredibly hard to take out or take apart.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:00 PM   #4
Zeebins
Zeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud of

1997 SL2

I think I may have seen you on the road recently! About a month ago I saw a tan SW2 on my way to work, twice in the same week actually. Obviously I don't know for sure if it was you but I haven't seen that wagon once since and they aren't exactly common in the area either. Be neat if it was you though

Now that I'm thinking about it, pretty much all of the S-series I used to see somewhat regularly I haven't seen in a while. Maybe they just aren't around anymore or maybe I just don't cross paths with them like I used to. Hopefully they're still on the road somewhere.
97 SL2, auto, 123K miles
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:38 PM   #5
Chris Arnold
Chris Arnold is a glorious beacon of lightChris Arnold is a glorious beacon of lightChris Arnold is a glorious beacon of lightChris Arnold is a glorious beacon of lightChris Arnold is a glorious beacon of lightChris Arnold is a glorious beacon of light

2002 SL2

That is kinda over the top attachment to a car. Also, the post smells a little of a for sale ad without being blatant.

Regardless, if you feel that strongly about it, just go get another Saturn, man. Dime a dozen.
Chris Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:25 AM   #6
cgg17
Advanced Member
cgg17 is just really nicecgg17 is just really nicecgg17 is just really nicecgg17 is just really nicecgg17 is just really nice

1995 SL2
1995 SW2

I felt the same way when I rolled my 1994 Sl2. Always wanted one, spent so much time looking for one, too. I finally found it, it had every option I wanted (power everything, manual trans). Well, after rolling it, I stripped it down to nothing and had it scrapped. I decided that I need another, so after months of relentless searching I found my 1995 and fixed it up to be like my 1994. All it took was time and a little bit of money to get things back together.

Eventually, you will find another Saturn, or yours might make its way back to you. In the mean time, I suggest working your butt off for some extra dough, as if your old Saturn comes up for sale, you'll have the means to purchase it again.
1994 Sl2 5spd First Car, Stock: 56,576 (Totaled 1/10/2018)
1995 Sl2 5spd: Retired Daily, Not Stock: 192,000
1998 Sl2 5spd: Family Car, Stock :135,000
1995 SW2 4spd: Daily, Stock: 91,000
cgg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:51 PM   #7
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1

Thief Of Joy,
Sorry for your trade-in loss.

It's really not possible for a factory battery to last 18 years, especially since the car sat unused for years.

Observant, yes, critical, no; just clarifying what you stated.
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:01 PM   #8
Thief Of Joy

2001 SW2
2006 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebins View Post
I think I may have seen you on the road recently! About a month ago I saw a tan SW2 on my way to work, twice in the same week actually. Obviously I don't know for sure if it was you but I haven't seen that wagon once since and they aren't exactly common in the area either. Be neat if it was you though

Now that I'm thinking about it, pretty much all of the S-series I used to see somewhat regularly I haven't seen in a while. Maybe they just aren't around anymore or maybe I just don't cross paths with them like I used to. Hopefully they're still on the road somewhere.
No way!! If you were in the Manchester area then it was definitely me! I've seen one in Nashua NH and Bangor ME. There aren't many on the road left. I'm looking to get another wagon. I found one in NJ with 0 rust and 37,000 miles. There's another one in California that's a 1998 with 10,000 miles on it. Both practically look brand new and I would purchase either if my Honda didn't make me broke lol. Maybe I'll look for some first gen Saturns and restore one in a few years because the 1994s will be considered classic cars surprisingly. I haven't seen any older models at all, but I'm sure there are some out there that haven't been completely destroyed yet.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:03 PM   #9
Thief Of Joy

2001 SW2
2006 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by toggenburg View Post
Thief Of Joy,
Sorry for your trade-in loss.

It's really not possible for a factory battery to last 18 years, especially since the car sat unused for years.

Observant, yes, critical, no; just clarifying what you stated.
I thought so. I feel really goofy. I'm not good with cars as I used my saturn to take the time to learn how to repair and replace parts on vehicles. I'm also a girl sooo that might help explain why I didn't know.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:18 AM   #10
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to behold

1993 SW2

Hey Thief of Joy, I see you're a bass player too! In my SW2, I have carried to gigs (all at the same time):

Upright bass
Electric bass
Eden 4x10 speaker cabinet
1970s era Acoustic 370 Bass Amp (for the electric bass)
Acoustic Image Clarus bass amp for upright bass (not very large)
Music stand
Stand for electric bass
Stand for upright bass
Duffel bag with music books, extension cords and assorted paraphernalia

Love those wagons!
Saturns:
1993 SW2 MT 223,000 hard Boston city miles ("Rozzie")
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:
1966 Corvair Monza convertible
1928 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan
cityhawk is offline   Reply With Quote