SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 12-09-2018, 09:47 AM   #1
geardown
geardown is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Dizzy Faint radio......

I'm new here, hoping for some advice..... 2004 Vue, 3.5 V6, and the problem is the radio. The colder it gets outside, the less volume output I hear. I've got the volume selector at full blast pretty much all year and the output is ok in the summer but I can't hear the radio at all in the winter. Fortunately, the winter isn't too long here in the swamps of Louisiana! SO, is my radio/amp shot or is my problem speaker related? Where would you begin troubleshooting?
geardown is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Faint radio......

Fault isolation steps probably depends on radio model.

Do you have premium sound system? If unsure check for RPO code WBM found on service parts ID sticker on rear passenger door - drivers side.

I've attached FSM extract with lots of entertainment information but not sure if any is useful to you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Radio D & O.pdf (147.2 KB, 7 views)
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:34 PM   #3
geardown
geardown is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Thank you for the attached information, it is very interesting and might be of use at a later time. I have the WBM and US9 system, which is the premium system I believe with the RDS mode and 6 disc changer. I've checked the fuse and don't see anything obviously out of order anywhere. I'm inclined to think that my problem is amp related, it isn't stepping up the output of the radio at all. Or, do 15 year old speakers (6) fail almost completely but still manage a low level output? Do you know where the amp is physically located, is it separated from the radio itself? Many thanks for your assistance!
Dave
geardown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

See screenshot ... looks like amp is under right side of rear seat.

Something may have jiggled loose from back of radio ... PM email address if you'd like to have extracts to remove radio.

A wiring diagram is in post 3 of this thread (forum rules keeps me from repost).

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152816
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen_2018-12-12 14.22.25.jpg (94.4 KB, 6 views)
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote