SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General

Old 08-10-2017, 03:31 PM   #1
rampant_car
rampant_car is on a distinguished road

Dizzy A/C Blower not working (head vent)

Hello,

I am a proud owner of a 2008 Saturn Aura XR 3.6L that has been pretty reliable for the last few years. I recently had an ignition coil fail (right at 98k miles) which is wasn't a huge inconvenience since I was planning on replacing these and the plugs at 100k.

A few days after I replaced the coils and plugs, I noticed that the A/C vent located at the head level does not blow any air, regardless of temperature/fan setting setting. The Defrost vent, the floor vent, and the side vents all blow cool air when set to do so. I do not get a check engine light or any other diagnostic indication that would help me troubleshoot the issue.

I've skimmed through the forums and have not found this particular issue, but I have heard that there are some known A/C issues with the Aura. I am going to start checking fuses this weekend, but has anyone else had this issue? I included the section about the changing plugs/coils because it is possible that I may have unplugged/disconnected something inadvertently near the engine block.

Thanks!
rampant_car is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2017, 08:20 AM   #2
explorerbigjon
explorerbigjon will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: A/C Blower not working (head vent)

Mode door actuator has failed, you're going to look for something like this.

If you're Aura has automatic climate control, then the actuator will need to be re-calibrated with the rest of the HVAC controls. Manual climate control does not need the calibration.
2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5-Sport tuning T10 wheels-Dynomax bullet/Borla ProXS-eBay intake-Pioneer Premier 12 shallow mount/Kicker CXA600.1
Upgrades coming!
explorerbigjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #3
rampant_car

Thanks for the response! I've ordered a new mode selector actuator (~30$) and plan on replacing it soon. I've been looking for instructions to recalibrate the Auto setting (my Aura does have this feature) and haven't had any luck. Are there any resources on doing this?
Old 08-14-2017, 07:58 PM   #4
explorerbigjon
explorerbigjon will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE

From my understanding the re-calibration will need to be done with the GM scan tool/Tech 2 tool which requires going to the dealership. However I believe, it can be done without it: Turn the car on, hit the auto button let it sit for a minute, then turn the car off and unhook the battery for a minute, then hook the battery back up and turn the car on for another minute and do not touch the climate controls, turn the car off and back on and do it a second time.It should be calibrated after this. This works for the Malibu's and the systems are very identical.
2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5-Sport tuning T10 wheels-Dynomax bullet/Borla ProXS-eBay intake-Pioneer Premier 12 shallow mount/Kicker CXA600.1
Upgrades coming!
explorerbigjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:46 PM   #5
rampant_car

Update 09-5-17 --

Replaced the Mode selector (it was located almost directly underneath the steering column) and the AC mode switched a few times. I figured that the problem was fixed. I tried to switch the AC back between modes today and it appears to now be stuck in the head position. I guess its good that I live in Phoenix and don't really need Defrost
Old 12-25-2017, 01:04 AM   #6
Obey563
Obey563 is on a distinguished road

I am having close to the same problem so my thermostat works when it wants to but when it does work so does my my heat and a.c. here's the kicker. My air and heat only blow out of the floor and defrost vents. It will not switch to the dash vents any suggestions
Obey563 is offline   Reply With Quote