SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings

Old 09-10-2014, 12:51 AM   #1
cjmspartans
cjmspartans is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
Default Vue owner from California

Hello everyone... just thought I'd finally make an account on here after poking around these forums for a few years.

Here's a bit of my background. Back in 1995, my mother bought her first unused car. She chose a 1995 Saturn SL1 with the Blue/Black Metallic paint. We sold this car in 2003 to a family friend, and used that money to help us buy our metallic orange/red 2003 Saturn Vue.

The Vue, which I still own, is the 2.2L I4 engine with the dreaded VT20 / VT25-E (VTI) transmission. Pretty much a base model... no aftermarket parts, but does have the Saturn 6-CD radio head. It has some rust on the frame, but nothing that can't be taken care of. In fact, it is in great shape for 11 harsh Michigan winters. Last I've checked, the odometer is at about 84K miles... so for being the original owner, I consider this Vue babied.

My plan for the Vue is to get another VTI bolted up once the transmission goes out, or attempt to adapt the 4T40-E to it... which is something I've been eyeballing on these forums for a few years now. The transmission is in great shape and still runs strong. If anything, this move to California will be the deciding factor in this transmissions life span with the traffic and grades in Central California (Cuesta Grade near San Luis Obispo is my biggest point of concern for those Californians on this forum).

Well. That's pretty much all I can think of. I've always loved Saturn and I plan on keeping this Vue going after the weakest chain in the link goes... the stupid transmission. Ask me anything about the car if you want.

-Curt
cjmspartans is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links