SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 12-28-2007, 12:56 AM   #1
Miss Holly
Miss Holly is on a distinguished road

1994 SC2
Idea Driver side leak & sunroof leak-common?

Hey everyone,

I've got a '94 Saturn SC2 Coupe that I bought about two months ago. I've noticed that occasionally there is a small drip (not big enough to be a leak-YET) from the top of my driver's side window/door. Also, I do have a sunroof, and occasionally there is a small drip very near the sunroof (it's not coming directly from the sunroof, yet from the ceiling directly next to the sunroof. While both of these "drips" are not huge problems, I fear that they will someday turn into bigger problems. Plus, it's not fun driving with an intermittent "drip" on your face. (It's been sleeting and snowing here in Chicago, so it really isn't fun to have cold water/snow dripping every now and then on your face while you are driving).

The previous owner said that she had both the driver's side as well as the passenger side windows replaced (someone tried to steal her radio and busted both windows out). Wondering if this has anything to do with the drips?

Is this "dripping" problem common among Saturn owners? Or I am the only lucky one?
Proud owner of a 1994 Saturn SC2 Coupe!

Last edited by Miss Holly; 12-28-2007 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Forgot to add extra information
Miss Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2007, 02:51 AM   #2
turbobuick33
Advanced Member
turbobuick33 is on a distinguished road

1992 SL2
Default Re: Driver side leak & sunroof leak-common?

Since I bought my 92 SL2 with no sunroof, I have always had water leaking problems in the trunk and the driver side floor. I have found that the weld seams were leaking in the trunk and I sealed it. The main problem I am having is water leaking in my driver side floor. I have found the leak, through the opening hole where the PCM harness goes through. It drips all the time when it rains and gets my floor wet. I believe there is a weld seam that is leaking in there but I can't find it. I have a few other friends and relatives who also have SL sedans and an sc couple and same problem, I pulled back the carpet and the floor is wet. So I think it a common problem for Saturns to leak water.
92 SL2, 5 speed

91 Lx 5.0

Last edited by turbobuick33; 12-28-2007 at 02:57 AM.
turbobuick33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:18 AM   #3
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Sounds like either your door seal, or your drip rail need to be replaced. Also, your sunroof drainage ducts need to be cleaned out. Do a seach on the drip rails and drainageducts, and I'm sure you'll find good explanations on them.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:01 AM   #4
traumadog
traumadog is on a distinguished road

1994 SC2

I've noticed that I have leaks on both sides of my SC2 - such that in a heavy downpour, I'll have wet spots on both seats' outside bolsters. And I know it's the door seals not making full contact, because I can see the drip on the inside.

The seals appear to be in good shape though - soft and pliable. I don't know if there's a way to adjust the door to make it seal better - I'll have to see. In any case, the door on the driver's side might be twisted a bit - the inner panel has sprung loose and won't seat properly, even with new push retainers (and I've broken a fair few trying).
2004 GTO -> VY/VZ Monaro conversion (QS/Black M6 Build: Oct 2003 / 1 of 889 ...)
2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT (the wife's)
1994 Saturn SC2, Red/Tan/Auto
1981 Cadillac Eldorado Diesel
traumadog is offline   Reply With Quote