SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 12-15-2021, 05:56 PM   #1
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Radio pocket

Took out 03 vue HU 6+ yrs ago. Put it back in last week. But I cannot find the storage pocket. I donít recall why I separated it from the HU. As in, why? I can get one at the junkyard. But, how exactly does it attach to bottom of HU?
I got an aftermarket faceplate that has the pocket for the new radio but the faceplate is one piece. Hmm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0AF33DCD-11EA-4E33-B547-F3B9012DFC90.jpeg (20.8 KB, 8 views)
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2021, 09:00 PM   #2
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Radio pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavell View Post
Took out 03 vue HU 6+ yrs ago. Put it back in last week. But I cannot find the storage pocket. I donít recall why I separated it from the HU. As in, why? I can get one at the junkyard. But, how exactly does it attach to bottom of HU?
I got an aftermarket faceplate that has the pocket for the new radio but the faceplate is one piece. Hmm.
The OEM pocket has an array of tabs at the top that slide into corresponding holes in the bottom of the OEM radio's faceplate. The pocket is held in place by two metal clips (one on each side) that pop into the metal mounting brackets that are attached to the side of the radio by four screws (two on each side). If the radio is attached to the instrument panel and the bezel that goes around it and the HVAC controls is removed, the pocket can be pulled straight out from the front and separated from the radio without removing any fasteners.

If you search for a radio on eBay and look at some pictures, you'll see how it's setup.

A pocket from an aftermarket radio mounting kit is setup completely different cannot be attached to the OEM radio or it's mounting brackets.
2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 183K miles *gone*
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 205K miles
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 74K miles
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 10:01 AM   #3
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: Radio pocket

Put hu on garage shelf. Didnít move for 6 yrs. but, pocket is gone. It is possible it is nearby. Iíll look around.
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote