SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General

Old 06-28-2021, 04:34 PM   #1
Nursetom
Nursetom is on a distinguished road

Default Passenger Window problem

OK, 2008 Saturn XR, Passenger window (power windows) stops working intermittently; either up or down, and will not respond to driver's switch or passenger switch. I can hear the switch clicking, but no movement. Then a day or two later it starts working again just fine. The other day I pulled the inner panel off, pulled the switch box apart, and the contacts look fine. Im thinking window motor, but I really don't want to go there. How hard is it to replace the window motor? Thanks.
Nursetom is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2021, 07:26 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Passenger Window problem

While it may appear to you a window motor issue, how do you know if wiring isn't the problem? All wiring goes thru a hole in the door next to the hinges. Continually flexing is part of design but occasionally wire damage occurs. Whether visibly or not, this may be one consideration of intermittent power. Can you measure voltage applied to the window motor while pressing either up or down switch, door closed, open, and during opening/closing to see if power is interrupted? It may be wiser to rule out a wiring issue before concluding a window motor failure. You can also apply 12v directly to the motor to test it with direct power to see if the motor runs intermittently.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:56 AM   #3
Nursetom
Nursetom is on a distinguished road

fdryer; yeah, I think that's it; after more fiddling with it, i realized just opening the door, and sometimes wiggleing the wire bundle between the body and the door made it work. Thanks, I'll keep updating.
Nursetom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:35 PM   #4
newnewsreview
newnewsreview is on a distinguished road

greet with love
i might greet this present day with love in my coronary heart for this is the greatest secret of sucess in all ventures. muslces can split a shelled and even to attempt life. however most effective the unthinkalbe electricity of love can open the hearts of guys. and utill i grasp this art, i'm able to stay no extra than a padller in a marketplace area. i will make love my finest weapon, and none on whom i call can protect towards its pressure. my reasoning they will counter, my speech they will distrust, my garb they will disprove, my face they'll reject, and even my bargins may additionally cause them suspicion.yet my love will now not all hearts liken to the solar whose raise sofens the coldest clay. headformost i will look on all things with love, and that i will be born once more. i can love the solar for it warms my bones ,yet i will love the rain for it cleans my spirit. i will love the light for it shows me the manner, but i will love the darkness for it suggests me the stars. i will welcome happiness for it enlarges my coronary heart, yet i'm able to bear unhappiness for it opens my soul. i will well known rewards for they're my do, but i will welcome limitations for they are my demanding situations.
virtual phone
newnewsreview is offline   Reply With Quote