SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line

Old 12-03-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
brutedawg20
brutedawg20 is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line
Default 2007 Greenline possible service issues

I drove my girlfriends 2007 Greenline Vue over the weekend and she was demonstrating a possible issue with the HVAC vents. When switching from say the floor to the dash vents it takes up to 30 or 40 seconds? Is this normal shes never noticed it before but used the dash vents mostly with the A/C. She likes to switch between the two with the heat. Are these electric, mechanical or pressure activated?

Also now that it is cold outside (Michigan) shes said the car is very loud when its heating up, Why is this? and why on earth would they not put a temperature gauge on the vehicle?

I also noticed a clunk coming from the front end i think passenger side when hitting bumps, I asked her about that and she said that just started also. Any known issues with this?

Thanks for any input.
brutedawg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Default Re: 2007 Greenline possible service issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutedawg20 View Post
I drove my girlfriends 2007 Greenline Vue over the weekend and she was demonstrating a possible issue with the HVAC vents. When switching from say the floor to the dash vents it takes up to 30 or 40 seconds? Is this normal shes never noticed it before but used the dash vents mostly with the A/C. She likes to switch between the two with the heat. Are these electric, mechanical or pressure activated?

Also now that it is cold outside (Michigan) shes said the car is very loud when its heating up, Why is this? and why on earth would they not put a temperature gauge on the vehicle?

I also noticed a clunk coming from the front end i think passenger side when hitting bumps, I asked her about that and she said that just started also. Any known issues with this?

Thanks for any input.
The HVAC shouldn't take that long to switch between modes, which I think operates with engine vacuum. There may be a problem with the HVAC control system or reduced engine vacuum (although that would probably illuminate the check engine light).

Our GL is a bit louder upon startup in the cold weather than when it is fully warmed up, but I don't think that's exclusive to the GL. It's probably normal, but perhaps they can check the exhaust system for leaks.

There is no temperature gauge because the charge/assist meter takes its place on the panel. Not to worry--there's an engine temp idiot light if there is a problem.

As for the clunk, many VUEs are known for suspension noise, especially in cold weather. Have the dealer (it's still under warranty, right?) check the usual suspects like strut mounts, struts, and sway bar end links.
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #3
brutedawg20
brutedawg20 is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line
Default Re: 2007 Greenline possible service issues

Thank you, I'll have her make an appointment to take it in, yes it's still under warranty.
brutedawg20 is offline   Reply With Quote