SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 03-12-2016, 02:28 PM   #1
burnsmarty
burnsmarty is on a distinguished road

Default P1336: Use ELM327 Terminal to invoke CKP Relearn

Hi! I am new to the forum and working on my son's 2002 SC2. We have a P1336 code I think caused by a dealer's reprogramming of the PCM, or, by my replacement of the ignition control module, coils, wires, and plugs.

I have an ELM327 scan tool and have learned to use the "terminal" mode.

Does anyone know how to invoke the crankshaft relearn procedure using this method?
burnsmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2016, 03:59 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: P1336: Use ELM327 Terminal to invoke CKP Relearn

1-If the dealer programmed the pcm, they may have to perform the crankshaft relearn procedures as this is only done by GM using their Tech II scantool. Unless you have access to this scantool, its not likely for you to perform this procedure as it does require software and it's proprietary to GM. The info below describes the error code, troubleshooting, and crank relearn procedure using GM's scantool. Did you try erasing the error code to see if it comes back?

2-I doubt anyone here has inside info with extensive knowledge to use terminal mode but you're free to ask in each forum.

You may be in a very small group (less than a handful) with this error code. The vast majority of issues never require a crank relearn without P1336. Most failures are with the crank sensor while others have bought used pcm's without issues. No one has ever reported this error code after replacing any ignition system parts so you can rest easy knowing you didn't cause the error code.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DTC 1336-1.pdf (147.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: pdf DTC 1336-2.pdf (81.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf DTC 1336-3.pdf (104.0 KB, 6 views)
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #3
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: P1336: Use ELM327 Terminal to invoke CKP Relearn

IF you have a flashing SES light with the 1336 code then the fix is easy. You do not need to be using any interface to the PCM.

This link will take you to a scan of the actual FSM page that tells you exactly how to initiate the relearn. http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...-not/cat/12963

You MUST have the flashing SES while the car is warmed yup and idling. This entire process is done with the car stationary and NOT on the road. Crank relearn has nothing to do with the ICM/Coils.

If the incorrect position has already been learned and you have paid a dealer to reprogram the PCM then they did not complete the job properly. FSM page is what you will need to straighten this out as you can not reset the learned flag without having the PCM address, a Tech-2 with proper firmware, or access to the GM database. I know of no one who has that address and it is not something google will tell you either.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote