SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 10-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
babiegurl34
babiegurl34 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.4L
Default dashboard light issues

I have a 2005 saturn vue and I noticed since friday that my gas gauge isn't light (except for the red needle that moves) and the first few numbers of the speedometer isn't light, but the rest of the dashboard looks just fine. it's odd that only the gas gauge and the the first half of the speedometer isn't. does this mean a fuse is blown somewhere? any advice would greatly be appreciated!
babiegurl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: dashboard light issues

Several bulbs light different sections of the dash (instrument panel cluster - IPC).

I'll attach service manual extracts describing how to remove IPC and replace the bulbs.

Replacement bulb information is in post # 62 of this thread:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...t=81437&page=4
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 05 Vue - IPC Trim Pnl R2.pdf (106.1 KB, 224 views)
File Type: pdf 05 Vue - IPC R2.pdf (92.5 KB, 117 views)
File Type: pdf 05 Vue - IPC Bulb R2.pdf (66.6 KB, 158 views)
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
derrickf1978
derrickf1978 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but have this issue on my 05' Vue and was reading through the instructions posted here. I've taken apart car interiors before so I should be able to handle this, but seems like a lot of work to replace 1 bulb. What would you say is the level of difficulty here for an average joe?

Thx
derrickf1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickf1978 View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but have this issue on my 05' Vue and was reading through the instructions posted here. I've taken apart car interiors before so I should be able to handle this, but seems like a lot of work to replace 1 bulb. What would you say is the level of difficulty here for an average joe?

Thx
This is piece of cake ... if in a hurry (and have correct tools) can remove IPC, replace bulbs and reinstall in 15 minutes.
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #5
Mark94
Mark94 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

Agreed, it's not that hard. I recently had to do this because half of my odometer has been out for years. It was very easy to remove the trim pieces and the gauges themselves just pull right out of the dash as one unit - nothing to unplug either. As you're pulling out the gauges it unplugs itself from a set of pins mounted behind the gauges.

The only thing that may take you time is figuring out which bulb needs to be replaced. You would think that all the bulbs are are near the area that it lights up but the bulbs are all in a cluster near the top of the gauges and must route light through to the various locations. It was trial and error for me to figure out what bulb actually was burnt out and needed to be replaced. Luckily for me, I happened to pick the correct bulb on the first try.

You may have to do some trial and error and replace a bulb, then put gauges back in dash (minus trim pieces) and test to see if that was the bulb that needed to be replaced. Repeat as necessary until the cluster is fully lit.

Good luck.
Mark
Mark94 is offline   Reply With Quote