SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Old 03-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
2007 Ion 2
2007 Ion 2 is on a distinguished road

Heart Spicing up my silver 2007 Saturn Ion 2

Hey! I have been wanting to do some things to my Ion. Just trying to get advice on what and how to do so. My ulimate goal is to lower my car, paint it black, add some nice wheels. tint the windows, add some sound, speakers, and an amp. Has anyone done any of this to their ion or have any suggestions or tips for me?? Thanks!
2007 Ion 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #2
Zosozeppelin
Advanced Member
Zosozeppelin is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Spicing up my silver 2007 Saturn Ion 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 Ion 2 View Post
Hey! I have been wanting to do some things to my Ion. Just trying to get advice on what and how to do so. My ulimate goal is to lower my car, paint it black, add some nice wheels. tint the windows, add some sound, speakers, and an amp. Has anyone done any of this to their ion or have any suggestions or tips for me?? Thanks!
Having owned a silver Ion and now owning a black one, I'd say that black is the most annoying high maintenance color ever. I wish this one was silver. I just had my windows re-tinted. The previous owner did the tint themselves and it started peeling off and looking pretty ghetto. I paid $150 and had a full tint, including the top of the windshield done. Looks pretty slick now.

Here's the thread in which I removed my old tint and had it redone. Pics of the finished job are in there to give you an idea as to how it'd look.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...ng+window+tint
Elizabeth

'06 Level 3 Quad Coupe. 140K as of 5-3-15. Traded for 2015 Chevy SS. Gone but not forgotten.

Current: 2017 2LT/RS 50th Anniversary Camaro
Zosozeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
MeanGreen
MeanGreen is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Having done this suspension to my car, I'd recommend it, it's best to go OEM because lowering springs will just blow out normal shocks and struts http://www.crateenginedepot.com/Coba...10992C949.aspx

Wheels are completely your choice but definitely buy new unless you get them tested at a shop before you shove your cash in Mr. Craigslist's hand

Add some sound as in new head unit? If so a Double-Din touchscreen is what you'd wanna do, single-din would just look goofy with all the empty space

If you get subwoofers and an amp go for whatever pleases you, but also don't forget it's be a good idea to replace the door speakers and rear deck, they're 6.75 factory but 6.5" can fit

Hope it helps!
2004 ION 2 Sedan
-Autozone short ram
-FE5 Suspension with Pedder springs
-4300k Hi-lo HID
-OPTX green underglow
-35% tint all around
-Kicker Audio all around
MeanGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
SilverSpectre
SilverSpectre is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2006 VUE 2.2L

I second the notion of doing your research before buying wheels. Often times with wheels, you do get what you pay for. Also often times, rims made in Europe are better than domestic and Chinese wheels, as the Europeans (and Japanese) have higher manufacturing standards as it comes to rims.

Some of the top reputable brands that I found include Enkei (from Japan) and OZ (from Italy). Personally, I went with OZ Allegerita HLT wheels. They look awesome and are about half the weight of the stock rims (thus better acceleration and fuel economy) PLUS a 3 year warranty on new ones. They are on Tire Rack for about 1100 a set.

As for suspension, I had a great conversation with the guys on the site regarding a full upgrade. Check it out:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171130
2007 Saturn Ion 3 QC - "The Silver Spectre"
Resurrected 12/29/11

OZ Allegerita Wheels, FE5 Suspension w/ adjustable end links, Eibach Pro Kit, Progress Rear Sway Bar, TWM Short Shifter
SilverSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
SilverSpectre
SilverSpectre is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2006 VUE 2.2L

Also, check out the "Ion Mods" section under "Saturn Ion". You'll find more relavent posts there then in the "Ion General" section.
2007 Saturn Ion 3 QC - "The Silver Spectre"
Resurrected 12/29/11

OZ Allegerita Wheels, FE5 Suspension w/ adjustable end links, Eibach Pro Kit, Progress Rear Sway Bar, TWM Short Shifter
SilverSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
chilipepper1327
chilipepper1327 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Keep to the correct aspect ratio of the wheels and tires. If going for 18" wheels, then the total diameter with the wheels should be the same as the origional OEM's 16 inch. Don't worry about the shocks for the lowering kit.
This will really wake up your car. The OEM shocks were garbage, so getting new ones, going for Monroe Sensetrac for example, you can't go wrong.

Just be careful with a lowered car as bumps and curbs become so much more relevant.

I would upgrade the sway bar to the 24mm, upgrade the front end bushings.

Other than that, the rest is bling, except for some minor rear end upgrades that can come later.

Just keep doing some research and take what everyone may say with a grain of salt. My '04 was lowered on OEM shocks, and no degredation of the shocks after 5 years. So take this info as it was intended, and good luck.
chilipepper1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #7
Setapart22
Setapart22 is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Quad Coupe

A cheap one that I just did was bought the lettering for the back bumper, it actually looks pretty good.

Bought it from a guy on eBay here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250990944431...84.m1497.l2649
Setapart22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
iitstrue
iitstrue is on a distinguished road

get a Transformer symbol, all the cool kids are doing it.
iitstrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #9
Samtherecordman
Advanced Member
Samtherecordman will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Depends how much $$$ you want to spend, in others words "What Is Your Budget?"
Saturn Ion 3 Quad Coupe 3 with Sports Appearance package with Aura Pro Bass Shakers under the front seats, Kenwood Excelon Mono Amplifier and Infinity Kappa Perfect and I'm In Heaven!!!!
Samtherecordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #10
DigitalSaturns
DigitalSaturns is on a distinguished road

Wheels, Tires, Fajuta CAI, SMS strutbar, Progress rear swaybar, Progress drop springs, 20% tint, Exhaust work, Head and foglamps, and a few other things on two 2007 ION-3's. Paint............no way.
DigitalSaturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #11
saturnions
saturnions is on a distinguished road

I have the normal mods, tint, strutbar, swaybar, wheels, lowering springs. All of the cars were dropped using progress springs 5 years ago. Have not had any shocks "blow out" yet.
saturnions is offline   Reply With Quote