SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 08-15-2017, 05:53 PM   #1
kim_lombard
kim_lombard will become famous soon enough

Default Engine and Transmission 2006 Vue 2.2 swap

Hello, I'm replacing the engine and transmission in a 2006 vue 2.2L automatic.

I'm looking for recommendations on the best way to proceed using a rolling engine hoist. I've done a number of Saturn engine replacements. So that's not a problem.

Usually I've done just the engine or just the transmission. This time both. Any labor saving hints gratefully accepted. I was thinking of dropping the subframe with the engine and transmission still connected out the bottom with the axels, suspension towers all together. Then separate everything on the garage floor.

It's just me doing the work. So I'm looking at pit falls to this line of thinking.

Why am I doing this? I like saturn Vues. I picked this one up with a bad engine and I found a engine and transmission with 73k miles that I want to drop in. My old V6 is pushing 170k and the tranny is starting to slip, so I thought this would be the way to go.

Thanks in advance for your help.
kim_lombard is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links