SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General

Old 10-28-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
nspasic
nspasic is on a distinguished road

Default Misc things, Body Control Module?

I bought a used Saturn 2002 L100. Some issues I am having and not sure what it is

-Clicking sound goes on when I turn the lights on sometimes
-The service light with the wrench went one one time but quickly turned off and have not seen it again
-My left break light was not working one day, but is now working fine
-Theirs a slight skip on the odometer when I increase speed. not sure if that is normal? its ever so slightly, but it is noticeable.

I have replaced the compressor recently as something is wrong with the A/C so I am taking to get diagnosed tomorrow. Looks like the A/C pressure hose has a leak.

Another thing I hear a swishing sound of water all the time in the front of the car, its very noticeable, I think it's coming from either the front center or right of the car. What is that? is that normal to hear?

Any suggestions or thoughts here?
How much would it cost to have the dealer check the BCM diagnostically?
nspasic is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Misc things, Body Control Module?

Welcome to SaturnFans, nspasic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nspasic View Post
I bought a used Saturn 2002 L100. Some issues I am having and not sure what they are (correction mine)

-Clicking sound goes on when I turn the lights on sometimes
That's irregular. It could be coming from the headlamp relay. If so it's merely a matter of replacing it. (I've never experienced this.)
Quote:
-The service light with the wrench went one one time but quickly turned off and have not seen it again
That's good. It generally means that the system has made its own internal correction.
Quote:
-My left break light was not working one day, but is now working fine
Sounds like a ground problem or possibly the bulb's filament could be weak.
Quote:
-[There's] a slight skip on the odometer when I increase speed. not sure if that is normal? its ever so slightly, but it is noticeable.
This is abnormal and most likely relates to the BCM as it is responsible for displaying the the odometer's mileage.
Quote:
I have replaced the compressor recently as something is wrong with the A/C so I am taking to get diagnosed tomorrow. Looks like the A/C pressure hose has a leak.
Did you perform the repair yourself or was it done at a shop? (Either way, you are right to have it inspected.)
Quote:
Another thing I hear a swishing sound of water all the time in the front of the car, its very noticeable, I think it's coming from either the front center or right of the car. What is that? is that normal to hear?
This sounds quite odd. There isn't anything which holds water outside of the engine in that area...don't know what to think of that one.
Quote:
...How much would it cost to have the dealer check the BCM diagnostically?
Hourly labor rates vary by region. Generally, such a check up would be charged at a minimum of one hour. I would expect the cost to be broadly in the $135.00 to $170.00 range. Remember, that the price is merely a guess on my part. I speak for no dealership and they don't speak for me. Call up a service department, tell them the problem and ask what their diagnostic fee is to get more definite price information.
356K miles - Holy canolli!
Biden/Harris predictions, '21 -'25: weak economy; weakened military; increased terrorism; an emboldened RED CHINA. Sadly, B & H are proving me correct...too bad.
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote