SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line

Old 07-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
Red Line Vue
Red Line Vue is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Red Line
Default Michelin Primacy

Last week my wife aquired a nail in the Sidewall of one of the original Bridgestones rendering it useless. The other 3 still had some good tread on them but with her having to drive 50 miles roundtrip for Grad school and the Texas heat approaching, we opted to replace all 4. I had been looking for a couple of weeks trying to figure out a replacement for the Bridgestones. Going through the Threads here and going through different tire sizes and options, and even going to the extent of calling Michelin to discuss the 2 options they had. I decided to try the 245/50R18 Michelin Primacy MXM4 99V. Treadwear 500 . I have to say that I am totally impressed with this tire. Quiet on the road and the responsiveness of this Tire is great. They look awesome on the Vue too. My wife even got to break them in during one of our rain storms last week. I realize at over 250 a pop for each tire they are pricey. Total came to less than $1400 but with Discount Tire offering 9 Months same as cash I didn't pass it up.Michelin $75 rebate and a Road Hazard policy reimbursing us $150 .
Red Line Vue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Michelin Primacy

That's one of the tires I've been looking at for my replacements next year. The MXM4 is the A/S one right? Costco has the summer only Michelin Primacy for $325 a piece (), but the ones I've been looking at heavily are the Goodyear TripleTreds. There's a Michelin Pilot Sport A/S that look nice, just hard to track them down. And of course, I could always go back to the Turanzas, I actually got pretty decent mileage out of those tires, and didn't really hate them .

Definitely interested to hear what you think about them with some more miles on them.
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
trainfan360
trainfan360 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line

I recommend looking into sumitomo also. i had 245/45/r18's and they were fantastic! Unfortunately they suffered in "Snowmageddon" and I lost lots of tread due to wheelslip and attempting to get unstuck a couple times..... Due to mandatory last minute roadtrip and the replacement front (fwd redline) sumitomos being not in stock, I now have the old sumitomos on the back and the primacys on the front since that was all they had of that size in stock... The primacys are good daily drive tires but the sumitomos greatly excel in performance driving situations. recently got the tires rotated where the primacys were in the rear .... the first time iv ever been able to step the rear out. Rotated tires again with primacys on front, the rear didnt get loose in the exact same corner/situation.. The slightly lower profile of the tires actually looks good at some angles with stock springs but others makes it look kinda eh, but definately not unsighlty.... anyway got them at ntb $800 on sale for the set o' 4. Ultimately, it depends on your driving style. If your performance/ speed oriented like mwah id say sumitomo or iv heard kuhmo's are nice. If your more good mpg/inclement weather safety and daily driver oriented, go with michelins or even the turanzas, nothin really wrong with them. sorry for such a long post, just statin my opinion.
'05 black redline: "Night Fury"
trainfan360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
20VUE06
20VUE06 is on a distinguished road

I have the Primacy MXV4's on my '06 FWD V6. I do not have the RL model, but I do have a set of the RL 18's on my Vue. The size I have is 225/55-18 which is closest to my original OE 16" rim size and tire dimensions.

I had these tires put on last October and have just under 9,000 miles on them now. Overall, I like them. The price was a little hard to bite at first, but they are so far so good. The road noise is minimal on the majority of surfaces and the tread wear seems to be good so far. I know 9k isn't that many on a tire, but I just thought I'd throw in my input.

Again, I don't have a RL, so I can't speak for how they'd affect handling but on my standard Vue, they seem just fine. I don't drive as spiritedly as I used to so just tooling around town, back and forth to work, and the occasional trip they perform superbly. Remember, these are a touring tire, not a summer performance tire so don't expect them to perform that way.

Rain and snow? Well, good I guess. We had a fair amount of rain and snow here in south central PA since I bought the tires and I do not recall having any traction issues. Funny how driving sensibly really reduces the number of times you lose traction.

I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-07-21 11 26 25.jpg (90.5 KB, 8 views)
2004 Vue AWD V6
20VUE06 is offline   Reply With Quote