SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 08-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
acemolandsgal
acemolandsgal is on a distinguished road

Default Help with code P0733

Ok...boutht the car 3 weeks ago. 110,000 miles on her. Love at first sight. But...started kinda slamming into Reverse only on occasion. Did a fluid transfer over the weekend...it was BLACK with what looked like the original filter! Went on ebay and ordered a rebuilt valve body but the problem seemed to have disappeared. Well... on my way home from work the Service Engine Soon light came on. I went to Auto Zone and they said it was a code P0733. Well on the way home I turned a corner and it seemed almost to surge on me...........HELP!!!! What could it be..I am supposed to drive my mother in law about 35 miles tomarrow to the airport. Seems like that might be a mistake!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ONE! I am getting desperate. Low on funds and seems like she is gonna drain me fast!
acemolandsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
acemolandsgal

Default Re: Help with code P0733

Oh yeah...forgot to add...it's a 1997 SL2. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 08-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

I hope you bought the valve body from Special Forces...

The P0733--
In the engine compartment fuse box check all 3 TRS-xx fuses. The fuse locater is in the cover. The 733 is saying that the 3rd gear clutch is slipping.

What did you use for transmission fluid?
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
acemolandsgal

Well...hubby said that all fuses were looked at this past weekend. Will have to find out from him what trans fluid was used. But I went ahead and drove her to sonic for dinner for the kids and to warm her up so I could check the trans fluid level. The SES light went off after leaving the driveway and she drove like a dream. Reverse seemed a bit off but didn't actually slam this time...Will try the trip tomarrow and pray that the valve body gets here quick!
Will post the other info when I get the call from hubby. And THANK YOU so much for the help and info that I have been finding and getting here!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

You may have to change the fluid and filter again. Minimize the shifting into reverse. Once it starts slamming you can loosen the nut and have more work to do.

The Dexron -VI fluid is too thin for that transmission. If that is what is in it you will have to look for one of the Dexron 3 fluids that does not meet Dexron-VI specs. The clutch is slipping due to low pressure or wear and I suspect low pressure from thin fluid.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
acemolandsgal

I think its dextron 3...that is what the book said to use. And the fuses where checked Sunday as well.