SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 10-13-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
bloody1
bloody1 is on a distinguished road

Default 2000 sl2 dome lights stay on and car wont lock from outside

I just went to replace the factory speakers in my saturn when i realized i had bought the wrong size speaker, so i halted the installation, both panels are off the doors, and now the dome lights stay on constantly, and when the lock button is pushed on the remote, i get three beeps and the doors don't lock, i can press the button on the inside and it locks fine, and the unlock on the remote works, i tried it with the speakers hooked up and with them unhooked, any help you all could give me would be great, i called a saturn dealer and they were no help, cant take it to a dealership because im a us army soldier in germany!
bloody1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2005, 09:54 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: 2000 sl2 dome lights stay on and car wont lock from outside

Welcome to the Board.

Reinstall your door panels. The door switches use the door panels to push against. No door panels the switches stay in the door open position.
A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:09 PM   #3
bloody1

yeah i figured that out this morning, but thanks anyways, geez im a tard, i actually ended up going out and getting two more for the rear, adn installed them above the material, sound system works great in my car, very clear, loud and deep, i have 4 6.5" JVC 200 watt speaker in the front and back, a JVC arsenal head unit, with 40 gb creative nomad attached, 2 10" sony xplod 650 watt, with a 500 watt amp attached, next step will be to dynamat the trunk and doors, install a ground kit and interioir neon unit to both the cab and the speakers
Old 10-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #4
bloody1

poor saturn.. someone didn't love her, i'm a soldier living in germany, I was out looking for a car, and the junk lot here sells cars in various conditions, it just so happend that, when i went there they had a 2000 saturn sl2 with 50,000 miles on with some body damage ( the owner before me got into a fender bender with a german polizei! the bumber cover was all bent up, the RH fender was missing half of itself, the RH headlight and bracket were broken, the hood is a little crumpled, and the fender bracket was toast, and the LH taillight was busted up) Didnt think i would get it as the way they sell them is through silent auction, but i had 2000 bones, and decided to bid on it, well what da ya know, i won the car, and decided to buy it after i test drove it and inspected the chassis, and the frame, the car was in great condition, it even had the new saturn smell still! mmm... new saturn smell, any ways, getting saturn parts here in germany is no easy task, i bought all the parts and ended up paying around 1000 bones, for cost and shipping charges (had to pay for shipping over seas, and then for shipping from the airport here!) installed all the parts myself and now i drive it! yay for me! still needs painting though, gonna wait until i come home from iraq to do that