SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech

Old 04-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
boothpl
boothpl is on a distinguished road

Default 2004 ION Quad Coupe - Headlamp Relay Location?

I have a 2003 ION Quad Coupe and the headlights do not work (no low beams, no high beams). Where is the headlamp relay located and what does it look like? The service manual says it is at the lower left of the instrument panel, near the diagnostic link connector. I don't see anything that looks like a relay to me. I also have an '04 ION and have swapped bulbs aroound and the bulbs in the 03 are good. I am getting voltages at the connectors to the bulbs. Is there anything else I should be looking at?
boothpl is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
blackion
blackion is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2004 ION Quad Coupe - Headlamp Relay Location?

take the entire headlight housing out and look behind it attatchted to the side of the engine compartment almost opposite the tire. its white and small and most small gm cars have the same one, i know cause one of mine cracked and i looked everywhere for a new one only to find that all pontiac sunfires and cavaliers had the same housing.
blackion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #3
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the Board.

Your info on the relay location seems good. Check th eowners manual to see if it gives a different location.

See if you are getting ground on the dark blue wires. From there you may have BCM problems or grounding problems via the BCM.
A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
boothpl
boothpl is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies, but I didn't see anything behind either headlight housing that looks like a relay. I traced the wire bundle on the passenger side. The only place it went was to the driver side. The wiring from the driver side headlights disappeared into a larger bundle that seems to go into the passenger compartment. Any other ideas?
boothpl is offline   Reply With Quote