SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion

Old 06-21-2021, 01:35 PM   #1
510man
510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of

Default Finding Certified Saturn Technicians

I called GM to find a Saturn mechanic. They are sending customers to any Chevy, Buick or GMC dealer and don't know whether or not anyone at the dealership has any Saturn certifications or skills. They say GM does not track certifications like MicroSoft, Red Hat, etc., which surprise me. How do they know if their dealerships have any current skills without tracking? But, I digress.

I need help with bulletin 08-06-04-036, which is very specific to a handful of 2008 Satrun Vues. This is not generic, like replacing a wheel bearing, so it would be ideal to have a Saturn technician do the work.

Has anyone figured out a way to know where the skilled Saturn technicians went? Picking any dealer is a crap shoot.

Suggestions welcomed.
510man is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2021, 08:36 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Finding Certified Saturn Technicians

Is this the TSB?

VUE FWD L4-2.4L (2008)

PROM - Programmable Read Only Memory: All Technical Service Bulletins
Engine Controls - Low Power/MIL ON/DTC P0606/P013B

TECHNICAL

Bulletin No.: 08-06-04-036

Date: July 14, 2008

Subject:
Service Engine Soon (SES) Light On, DTC P013B and/or P0606 Set, Lack of Performance at High Ambient Temperatures, Engine Hesitation When A/C Compressor Engages, Delayed Shifts While Using Cruise Control (Reprogram ECM and TCM)

Models:
2008 Saturn VUE with Front Wheel Drive (5th and 6th digit of VIN L3), 4T45E Automatic Transmission (RPO MN5) and 2.4L Engine (VIN P - RPO LE5)

Condition

Some customers may comment on any or all of the following concerns:

^Lack of performance at high ambient temperatures.

^Engine roughness when the A/C compressor is engaged.

^Delayed shifts while using cruise control.

^MIL/SES DTC P013B - HO2S Slow Response Lean to Rich Sensor 2.

^MIL/SES DTC P0606 - Control Module Internal Performance.Correction

Correction

Important:Verify that the 12-volt battery has a battery charge of 12 to 16 volts. The battery must be able to maintain a charge during programming. Only use
approved Midtronics 165-PCS charger or equivalent to maintain proper battery voltage during programming. The J2534 MDI will reprogram the
modules in less time than the Tech 2(R) scan tool.

Updated ECM and TCM calibrations are now available to address these concerns. Reprogram the controllers with the updated calibration files using the
TIS2WEB Service Programming System (SPS) application. These calibrations will be available as an ECM/TCM programming sequence event.

Warranty Information

GM dealers have TSBs and should be able to perform changes/modifications whether in hardware or software. Discontinued models like Saturns and Pontiacs being legacy issues may or may not be covered by every GM dealer. A call may help determine whether or not a dealer can perform the TSB to a Saturn Vue. Mentioning TSB number should make it clear to a dealer so they can determine if they can perform services.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (83.1 KB, 4 views)
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:29 PM   #3
510man
510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of

Yes, it is.
Old 07-09-2021, 05:40 PM   #4
510man

Chevy dealer couldn't find this TSB. I provided a paper copy to Buick and they were able to find it. They applied it for $135, cleared the SES light and the Vue passed emissions after 120 miles of driving. Previously, it was suggested I replace the cat for big $$$.

Car drives differently. Shifting seems more balanced, as it should have been from the factory. We'll see how it goes over time.
Old 07-10-2021, 01:07 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Chevy dealer couldn't find this TSB.....
More like incompetence, ineptitude or not interested because its not going to make the service department money. I'd like to imagine every GM dealer has access to online data direct to GM for anything so this reason suggests lowering of standards. Finding another dealer with them able to verify your paper copy seems explain it discrepancies between dealers.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 01:02 AM   #6
Mister_Cee
Mister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the rough

1996 SW2

I suppose (if they haven't all retired, by now) most of the Saturn dealership mechs migrated to other GM stores. Whether or not one of those particular people (who know the idiosyncracies of our cars) is the actual mechanic working on a Saturn is a crapshoot. The last time (and I mean that literally) I ever set foot in a GM shop they were more interested in trying to sell me a new car than in working on mine. I, too, have been looking for a former Saturn tech but, so far, haven't located anyone really nearby.
Mister_Cee is offline   Reply With Quote