SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Old 12-06-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
Velez_R
Velez_R is on a distinguished road

Default Where is the turn signal relay?

Do you know where is the turn signal relay?? Not sure if a it by the right foot or in the engine bay. I am looking to buy the relay in order to get a turn signal issue fixed. Thank you all...
Velez_R is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2020, 05:19 AM   #2
imaddicted2u
Advanced Member
imaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: Where is the turn signal relay?

You didn't state model and year but I'm pretty sure for all the signal lamps are driven directly by the Body Control Module, no relay involved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saturn Ion Lamps Diagram.jpg (139.6 KB, 5 views)
2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 01:21 PM   #3
Velez_R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velez_R View Post
Do you know where is the turn signal relay?? Not sure if a it by the right foot or in the engine bay. I am looking to buy the relay in order to get a turn signal issue fixed. Thank you all...
Saturn Ion-1 2005 2.2L Engine,
I am having issues trying to turn it from Halogen to LED, I firstly switched out the front turn signal lights and they work unless I power on the headlights.
I installed a 4157 LED Decoder Adapter but that was not useful. Secondly switched Headlight to LED 9007's. Now instead of No turn signal when the headlights are on, I am left with all lights flashing as if flasher was pressed. This only happens when you set the car from "Park" to "Drive". In a bit I will change out Fuse 4 and 18 from 15A to 10A. What else do I need to purchase to fix, the issue?

Parts purchased:
3157 Adapter
Super Bright 3157 LED yellow turn signal
9007 LED Healight
Old 06-14-2021, 02:24 PM   #4
imaddicted2u
Advanced Member
imaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velez_R View Post
Saturn Ion-1 2005 2.2L Engine,
I am having issues trying to turn it from Halogen to LED, I firstly switched out the front turn signal lights and they work unless I power on the headlights.
I installed a 4157 LED Decoder Adapter but that was not useful. Secondly switched Headlight to LED 9007's. Now instead of No turn signal when the headlights are on, I am left with all lights flashing as if flasher was pressed. This only happens when you set the car from "Park" to "Drive". In a bit I will change out Fuse 4 and 18 from 15A to 10A. What else do I need to purchase to fix, the issue?

Parts purchased:
3157 Adapter
Super Bright 3157 LED yellow turn signal
9007 LED Healight
Firstly, changing the fuse won't make any difference. While I've never switched a vehicle to LED lights, I have heard of issues because the LEDs draw far less power and it confuses the flasher, in the case of the Ion, the body control module.
Super bright leds lists load resistors to fix the issue. However I can't say for sure that it will fix your issues. It's part way down the page...
https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehi...=982&year=2006

There are plug and play solutions along with wire-in load resistor solutions listed on Amazon...
https://www.amazon.com/led-turn-sign...+load+resistor
2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:51 AM   #5
Velez_R

Thank You, I lowered the AMPS for the headlights and installed new LED headlights. I also had installed LED turn signals with a "special amazon" cable but that cable caught fire and I had to replace the assembly after, I believe the most excitement I can get out of the 2.2l (lol). Sticking to OEM turn signals for the time being.

By Any chance you, have experienced steering wheel shaking beyond 50mph? I can tell something isn't right but yet to pinpoint exactly (regarding mechanical components).

Again thank you for the help.