saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 11:17 AM   #1
gumpish
gumpish is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Dizzy Factory tour?

I'm going to be trailering my motorcycle up to Tennessee the last week of May for a rally at the tail of the dragon.

I figure since I'll be in the area, is there anything to see or do at the facilities in Spring Hill then? Do they only actually have things up and running for part of the year? If the factory isn't operating, is there anything else to do? (Uh, visit the gift shop?)
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2005, 12:30 PM   #2
tksaturn
tksaturn is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2
Default Re: Factory tour?

I toured the plant about a year and a half ago. I know they used to have a gift shop, but I don't think they do anymore.
The plant is pretty much all there is in Spring Hill, but it's only about a half hour drive into Nashville. Lots of stuff there.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:43 PM   #3
1995 SC2
1995 SC2 is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Re: Factory tour?

There's a Strip Mall about 5 Miles from the Saturn Plant! Check with the Days Inn Motel about 3 Miles from the Saturn Plant! They have lots of Touring Info about the Area around the Saturn Plant! There's the Jack Daniels Plant right near there somewhere! I heard it was a Great Place to check out! You have to go to Bowling Green, Kentucky to see the Corvette Factory! I went over there after the Saturn Tour! Great Place to check out!
Old 05-01-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
seamus1066
seamus1066 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Factory tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpish
I'm going to be trailering my motorcycle up to Tennessee the last week of May for a rally at the tail of the dragon.

I figure since I'll be in the area, is there anything to see or do at the facilities in Spring Hill then? Do they only actually have things up and running for part of the year? If the factory isn't operating, is there anything else to do? (Uh, visit the gift shop?)
The plant is running and should be until model change in the middle of June (at least that is the last they told us it will be). The gift shop closed last November, but I think the new vender has reopened it...though I would call to see if it is as of yet just to make sure. I don't get the chance to go down to the Welcome Center any more.
Closed Thread