SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech

Old 09-17-2021, 12:50 PM   #1
SaturnGoTo
SaturnGoTo is on a distinguished road

Default LW300 Brake lights

Hello

Are the taillights and the brake lights the same on a LW300? I am trying to replace my brake lights because they are not working but the taillights come on. I am asking because I don't see a separate slot for "brake lights"
SaturnGoTo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2021, 02:23 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: LW300 Brake lights

Older round bayonet style tail and brake lights were either two separate lamps or combined together into one lamp with two elements and four connections. I haven't replaced mine yet but the same may apply to our tail/brake lights. I'm not certain if we have the two in one lamps and of they are then two elements are in them - one for taillight and the other for brake light. I think our rear lights use the flat connector.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:05 PM   #3
02 LW300
Advanced Member
02 LW300 is a splendid one to behold02 LW300 is a splendid one to behold02 LW300 is a splendid one to behold02 LW300 is a splendid one to behold02 LW300 is a splendid one to behold02 LW300 is a splendid one to behold02 LW300 is a splendid one to behold

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

The taillight and brake light are in one dual filament bulb.
2002 L200/5 Loaded, over 1/4 million miles!
02 LW300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 04:29 PM   #4
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnGoTo View Post
Hello

Are the taillights and the brake lights the same on a LW300? I am trying to replace my brake lights because they are not working but the taillights come on. I am asking because I don't see a separate slot for "brake lights"
02 LW300 is correct regarding the dual filament bulb. Your brake lights and tail lights are on separate circuits which is why one will illuminate while other won't.

I just want to be clear in understanding you: are any of the brake lights illuminating - including the center high mount - when the brake pedal is depressed? If you not then the brake light switch is bad and needs to be replaced.

(If you need a new brake light switch tell the parts person that your switch has TWO contacts [not four - that one is for the cruise control release].)
372K miles - Holy canolli!
Biden/Harris predictions, '21 -'25: weak economy; weaker military; more terrorism; emboldened RED CHINA. Sadly, B & H are proving me correct...too bad... now Russia?!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote