SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 04-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
jmonte12
jmonte12 is on a distinguished road

Default Valve Body Taken Apart

I replaced the valve body not too long ago on my saturn sc1 1999, well apparently I took the valve body apart and now I have 3 ball bearings and 2 small springs, I attached pictures, is there anyone that someone could possibly mark on my pics or let me know where those parts go back into the valve body, appreciate it, thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0032.jpg (141.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0036.jpg (166.7 KB, 44 views)
jmonte12 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Valve Body Taken Apart

I bet you used to take alarm clocks apart. ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen-2014-04-21_13-12.jpg (66.6 KB, 46 views)
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:15 PM   #3
jmonte12

hey thanks alot, I've been reading these forums for the past year I just had to sign up today, my transmission is slipping pretty bad, from what I know I need to get the valve body replaced, then there shouldn't be anymore slipping.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Slipping in forward gears is usually a loose input shaft nut as well as a dead VB.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #5
jmonte12

I first had the issue like 2 days ago, when I gave the car gas (After the engine/trans was at operating temp), when I would come to a stop like a stop sign or light, I would give it gas and the car wouldn't barely go forward, also what I noticed is that when I give it gas I can get the car to about 25-30mph in a straight line, thankfully we have alot of hills around here so going down its not a problem, but what it comes down to, my dad tells me its the clutches or something bad in the transmission, since I been reading this forum for the past year, I personally agree with you and think its the valve body, ebay has valve bodys for $200, get one of those and a input shaft nut you say, would the car shift correctly then or something other than that internally messed up with the trans like the clutches or whatever is in there, appreciate the help man.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #6
jmonte12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
Slipping in forward gears is usually a loose input shaft nut as well as a dead VB.
Also as well putting car in reverse works fine, It actually feels better than in Drive Lol.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #7
Special Forces
Special Forces has a spectacular aura aboutSpecial Forces has a spectacular aura aboutSpecial Forces has a spectacular aura about

2006 ION Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonte12 View Post
I first had the issue like 2 days ago, when I gave the car gas (After the engine/trans was at operating temp), when I would come to a stop like a stop sign or light, I would give it gas and the car wouldn't barely go forward, also what I noticed is that when I give it gas I can get the car to about 25-30mph in a straight line, thankfully we have alot of hills around here so going down its not a problem, but what it comes down to, my dad tells me its the clutches or something bad in the transmission, since I been reading this forum for the past year, I personally agree with you and think its the valve body, ebay has valve bodys for $200, get one of those and a input shaft nut you say, would the car shift correctly then or something other than that internally messed up with the trans like the clutches or whatever is in there, appreciate the help man.
Don't buy the stuff you see on ebay. I've been seeing a trend of bad stuff coming from there in the recent months, in fact I have reason to believe they resell junk yard ones that are simply cleaned up.

If you need a valve body let me know. I've been rebuilding them on here since March 2008 and many happy customers. Search around and check some of the posts by others about my services.
/// Need rebuilt valve bodies? PM Me. \\\
//// Why bother with ebay when I'm right here? \\\\\
Valve bodies built to order

Please PM me about valve bodies, do not post a visitor message.
Special Forces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #8
jmonte12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Forces View Post
Don't buy the stuff you see on ebay. I've been seeing a trend of bad stuff coming from there in the recent months, in fact I have reason to believe they resell junk yard ones that are simply cleaned up.

If you need a valve body let me know. I've been rebuilding them on here since March 2008 and many happy customers. Search around and check some of the posts by others about my services.
Based on what I said do you think a valve body will fix the slipping issue in forward gears?
Old 04-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #9
Special Forces
Special Forces has a spectacular aura aboutSpecial Forces has a spectacular aura aboutSpecial Forces has a spectacular aura about

2006 ION Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonte12 View Post
Based on what I said do you think a valve body will fix the slipping issue in forward gears?
Yes, the slipping originates from the valve body. If the nut is loose, the valve body caused it. Nuts with lock-tite don't loosen on their own.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #10
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Forces View Post
Don't buy the stuff you see on ebay. I've been seeing a trend of bad stuff coming from there in the recent months, in fact I have reason to believe they resell junk yard ones that are simply cleaned up.....
A recent member posted about going thru several v/b's until the fourth one worked. Is this an example of your descriptions of v/b's being sold on ebay being nothing more than cleaned up used ones without being tested? I've been following these purportedly good v/b's but less than spectacular outcomes when used by members here..............adding to the confusion with troubleshooting xmissions.
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #11
SL19302
Master Member
SL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to all

2000 SW2
2002 SL1

Ive gotten two good valvebodies from Ken partin on Ebay not sure about the other sellers....
2015 Subaru Forester Limited "Prinny"
2000 SW2 Still Running Strong- 160K Traded In
2002 SL1 Still has Its Training Wheels on at 88K Traded In

CHECK YOUR OIL!
SL19302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:03 PM   #12
OldNuc

1998 SC2

One of the "other sellers" is no longer a registered user, you may draw your own conclusions.

I know of exactly 2 reputable sellers, Special Forces and Ken Partin. Another user recommended a Transmission shop in Oklahoma as good and from what I could find out I would say that is also a good source. Donny at here, http://centralvalvebodies.com/ Mention Saturnfans for price break.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:22 AM   #13
Special Forces

2006 ION Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
A recent member posted about going thru several v/b's until the fourth one worked. Is this an example of your descriptions of v/b's being sold on ebay being nothing more than cleaned up used ones without being tested? I've been following these purportedly good v/b's but less than spectacular outcomes when used by members here..............adding to the confusion with troubleshooting xmissions.
That would be pretty much what I was getting at. It definitely doesn't help anyone.

I wouldn't bash any other sellers, seeing things like you mentioned does require caution to others though. I know Ken sounds like a pretty solid seller as well. Nothing wrong with competition. I suppose my advantage is being personable here on the forums and relating to everyone on a customer by customer basis and figuring out each member's issue. From one Saturn owner to another!