SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 03-19-2017, 09:56 PM   #1
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Hey

Just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing. Been awhile since I've been on but a lot has happened. Found out in 2015 that a lil chillin was on her way. Next, my poor VUE was side swiped by a stupid kid texting and driving. After a month, I got her back out the shop. Since then, I've added rear back up camera and sensors, Android car stereo, along with a car seat. After going rounds with GM and taking my VUE to the local Chevy dealer handing them the keys and telling them the car was outside and still running, they fixed my ignition under the recall. She now has 174k miles and still running strong. Only time she's been on a tow truck was after the accident. Pretty pleased with her and looking forward to another 174k miles.
"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2017, 06:24 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Hey

Hey chillin ... good to see you're still around.

If you have a whole herd of little chillins I understand Uncle Sam will lay some serious child tax credit dollars on you.

Way too late in life for me to think about that ... unless we start adopting.
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:16 AM   #3
chillin05VUE

2005 VUE 3.5L

Hey F2G, no more lil chillins, one is enough for us and she's already out growing the car. 18 months old and already 3 feet tall. Guess that's my fault since I'm 6'5....lol. last time I was here, I mentioned how the VUE was only told once since I had it. Well, it was towed again. Fuel pump went out on the freeway at 70 mph and I had to wait for a tow. It wouldn't have been so bad it it weren't 105*F out. Long story short and $1000 later, it's back up and running strong. But I feel I got ripped off, they said the pump was $600 because it came as a complete unit instead of just the pump. Has anyone else heard of that?

Also, I attached pics of when it got hit 2 years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1498293270317.jpg (48.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1498293292608.jpg (49.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1498293310950.jpg (24.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1498293331053.jpg (186.5 KB, 11 views)
"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD
Old 06-24-2017, 03:10 PM   #4
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Fuel pump comes with a bunch of lines and hoses attached. Assume you took it to a dealer if they charged $600. They didn't give you a break but didn't rip you off either. Indy shop would have probably charged around $750.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:25 PM   #5
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin05VUE View Post
......Well, it was towed again. Fuel pump went out on the freeway at 70 mph and I had to wait for a tow. It wouldn't have been so bad it it weren't 105*F out. Long story short and $1000 later, it's back up and running strong. But I feel I got ripped off, they said the pump was $600 because it came as a complete unit instead of just the pump. Has anyone else heard of that? ......
Was the $1,000 amount the total repair cost, or did it include the tow service as well? Was the $600 amount the price of the fuel pump assy alone (no labor)? I see that the VUE has a primary and secondary fuel pump. Which one failed?

For the sake of argument, take a look at the RockAuto web page prices, especially for the primary fuel pumps. These costs are at or near warehouse prices which is why they are so low.
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/s...assembly,10147

Now look at O'Reilly Auto Parts price and you're looking at a wholesale price. With that in mind, a $600 retail price you may have paid is not far fetched at all.
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/se...05&make=Saturn

(I'm thinking that $1,000 was the total fuel pump replacement cost.)

Now the question is, which brand of fuel pump was installed? As you can see, prices vary based upon which brand of pump could've been installed. According to one of my favorite OE parts websites http://www.gmpartscenter.net/auto-pa...omponents-scat, the fuel pump for your VUE is NLA (others were checked as well and showed the same result). The price paid by the repair company will impact the final retail price.

Lastly, some fuel pumps have warranties of their own which go beyond what may be offered to you by the company which serviced your VUE. If you can find out which brand of pump was used then it's possible there's a longer part warranty available if it should fail after the repair company's part and labor warranty runs out.
357K miles - Holy canolli!
Biden/Harris predictions, '21 -'25: weak economy; weakened military; increased terrorism; an emboldened RED CHINA. Sadly, B & H are proving me correct...too bad.

Last edited by pierrot; 06-24-2017 at 04:38 PM.
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #6
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin05VUE View Post
a lil chillin was on her way....She now has 174k miles and still running strong. .
Children, fluids, cars and fluids, what a mix.

DOnt ignore your ATF trans/ transfer case fluids and RDM fluids to keep the trans alive and the AWD functional.

CHange every 25K miles.
'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:11 AM   #7
chillin05VUE

2005 VUE 3.5L

The pump itself was $600 and then they added labor.and diagnosis. Towing was free through my insurance company. I'm just glad it wasn't the t-belt or else I would have a giant paperweight. They said it shorted out and popped the fuse as well. I did notice it was getting harder and harder to start and when I would go up an incline, it would buck a bit and kick out of cruise control. Hasn't done it since.

2005 VUE V6 AWD