SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech

Old 12-17-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
clay70
clay70 is on a distinguished road

Default Saturn ION electrical clicking sound/crazy

Hello all, I love my 2003 ION..I bought it used last year. A month ago this sporadic clicking sound started in the console by the driver's feet area. It happens usually about 5 mins after I start up the car. Then crazy things begin to occur. It clicks in an inconsistent time pattern, and when u listen to it down below you can hear some mechanism lifting right after. The lights on the upper console also dim when it clicks.

To date I have had this occur: the wipers jump, the horn sounds, the hazards go off, the trunk opens, the warning lights on the dash go off, I lose ability to use directionals. I realized if I stop the car then sometimes the key wont come out, so I always unhook the battery's negative cable and it is often fine after that (provided the trunk light is on at the time). I also just got a brand new ignition on the recall. The new ignition didnt help. The battery is in great shape and the cable connection is perfect.

So far I have had no luck with mechanics finding the issue, despite one possible bad ground wire being replaced..Most think it may be the BCM; however, after the clicking sound goes away (usually 4 mins after it begins) then everything is perfect and I can drive forever..

If it was the BCM wouldnt it continue to click and cause problems continually? If it is the BCM then how much is the part and labour to fix it? This is driving me nuts..

Last edited by clay70; 12-17-2015 at 09:25 PM.
clay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links