SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Old 03-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
skijay
skijay will become famous soon enough

Default ION rebates for March 2006

I am helping a friend with an ION purchase and he seems to be getting the run around. Here is the situation: Purchasing an ION3 automatic, not financing. Basically writing a check.

Dealer #1, "to get a $750 rebate you have to finance"
Dealer #2, "$1,250 cash rebate, no restrictions".

Dealer #2 was based on a phone call.

I can not find any cash rebates on saturn.com. Does anybody know what the rebates are to purchase by the end of this month? He has narrowed the car choices to this and an 06 Civic. Leaning toward the ION unless Honda beats the ION price.
skijay is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #2
Taxman
Taxman is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
Default Re: ION rebates for March 2006

There is $500 Ion cash rebate money in March - I just bought a QC3 on Thursday. Also, there is $750 from GMAC with 5.9% financing. You can get a total of $1,250. At least that is the program in CT. Other regions may be different but push back to get the truth.
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:17 PM   #3
Mattytee
Mattytee is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Finance it and then pay the loan off in cash the next month. Why pass up $750? And you can float the cash for 30 days and pik up a little interest.
Mattytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:47 AM   #4
kilcher
Advanced Member
kilcher is on a distinguished road

kilcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:31 AM   #5
skijay
skijay will become famous soon enough

My friend called me yesterday as they located & delivered the 06 ION3 to the dealership. They located the one to his specs and he placed a deposit prior to it arriving. They assured him that this had exactly what he wanted & the color.

He shows up an hour later at the facility with the title to his car. In order to get the $1,250 in rebates he does need to finance. If I remember the minimum amount had to be $3,000 to get the rebate. He was going to comply & pay off the loan in 30 days.

The one problem occured when he saw "his" ION. It was full of dealer add-ons, including paint sealant, fabric protector, rain gaurds, splash gaurds, pin striping, wheel locks. I think that is all I was told. Needless to say the price jumped by $1,100 for these options. The sales consultant never mentioned it to him. The consultant contacted him twice, once when the car arrived and with enthusiasm stated its here and just as you wanted. Needless to say my friend is ripped about it. They offered to reduce the price of the add-ons by $500. From my last conversation he was completley turned off by this dealership. They were trying to pressure him into the car by telling him the money they had to "shell" out to get this car from a dealership.

My response was there are plenty of Saturn dealers in your area who would welcome your checkbook. The plus is he is not turned off from buying a Saturn ION.
skijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:57 PM   #6
perfectION
perfectION is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skijay
They were trying to pressure him into the car by telling him the money they had to "shell" out to get this car from a dealership.
This is crap. I know for a fact that saturn dealerships trade cars when one dealer has a good one that can be sold and the other dealer cant seem to get rid of it. It's eye-for-an-eye, it doesnt COST the dealer!
'06 Polar White ION-3 Auto/QC
Black Leather/Sunroof
perfectION is offline   Reply With Quote