SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line

Old 10-10-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
nulaw99
nulaw99 is on a distinguished road

Default New clutch kit and tranny, but still clicking noise from clutch unless pressed

Hi all, so, after buying a 2006 Red baseline 2.2l Saturn Vue at auction, and having to get a "new" transmission, clutch kit (though the garage told me that the old clutch kit was in good condition), clutch master cylinder, parts for the manual drive box, etc., there is a noise coming from the engine that sounds like an old London diesel taxi engine... a deep clicking noise. This noise disappears completely when the clutch is pressed. It does not matter what gear I am in, the higher the revs, the louder the noise. It only goes away when in low revs and the clutch is pressed.

My friend who is a professional mechanic told me that it just is the clutch getting broken in (only has 2500 miles), but after doing more research it seems that it is a bad internal shaft bearing (though some say it is the throw bearing, but I thought that is if the noise is when the clutch is pressed and goes away when not pressed).

A couple questions -

1. Do you agree that it is the internal shaft bearing based on the information that I gave?

2. If it is the internal shaft bearing, would that have come with a new clutch kit, or is it an extra part that I would have had to have bought?

3. Assuming it comes with a standard clutch kit, is it more likely that the part went bad or that the garage simply did not change the clutch for the new one that I brought?

4. I bought the clutch kit form partsgeek.com, do they warranty their parts and the labor?

5. Should the garage fix this issue as it is less than 30 days?

Thanks in advance for any input that you may have.

Sincerely,

Darren
nulaw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
nulaw99

Default Re: New clutch kit and tranny, but still clicking noise from clutch unless pressed

Anyone, please?
Old 10-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: New clutch kit and tranny, but still clicking noise from clutch unless pressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulaw99 View Post
Anyone, please?
I don't have a Vue with a manual transmission but had another GM car with clutch that did same as yours.

The problem was caused by bad rivets on flywheel. Turns out the clutch face was riveted to the flywheel and they tend to come loose.

If the flywheel part of clutch is the problem - the shop wouldn't know it unless they tried wiggling the clutch face while they could get to it - or it made a noise when they put back together.

I'm thinking there could be more to this Vue you bought at auction ... what exactly is a 2006 Red baseline Vue (with 2.2L)?
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
RedGeminiPA
RedGeminiPA will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 3.5L

You may get better exposure by posting under Vue Tech.

Posting under the Vue Red Line section won't yield many hits, since your Vue isn't a Red Line.

The Vue Red Line was the performance-oriented Vue with the Honda 3.5L V6 and Honda 5-speed automatic, unique appearance package, lowered suspension, different steering calibration, and a higher top speed starting with the 2005 models (120 MPH).

Otherwise, what far2grumpy said makes sense.

Good luck!
Avid Apple, car and vacuum enthusiast. Don't hate! ;)

Current:
'04 FWD 3.5L

Previous:
'05 AWD Red Line
'02 L200

http://www.facebook.com/SaturnFansNorthEast
RedGeminiPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
nulaw99

Thanks guys.. I am still learning about my car